• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They promised me metric but failed to deliver

Lucky it's not a Ford....they created their own special bolts and weird *** nuts just to be difficult - and to prevent "non-authorised" service work.
Think about this one....you guys in the States are almost metric - well at least your currency is. :lol:

One tenth of a foot is 30.5mm
One inch is 25.4mm
:rofl::rofl::rofl: not to piss them off right...

FCA is going to use left-hand metric fasteners throughout all of their vehicles beginning in the 2022 model year.
:eek:

Lucky it's not a Ford....they created their own special bolts and weird *** nuts just to be difficult - and to prevent "non-authorised" service work.
I have a bunch of axle nut sockets that are Ford specific so I know what you mean. :screwy:

Last edited:
I'm pissed every time I have to get a mm wrench or socket.
:usflag:

As long as they don't do something really stupid like having left hand threads on the left side wheel lugs...

Next time someone says metric is better...ask them which metric system and tell them to look it up.

Erg, dyne, that hertz said the slug :poke:

Yea, tell me about that one. Years ago I went to a junk yard with a buddy who was not mechanically inclined. We were getting parts for his end of the run T-bird. Found that lesson out the hard way. I set a new record for cussing that afternoon and cuts and gouges on my hands! Talk about un-engineering! We had to take the instrument cluster out to access door hinges. Those A-holes even took it a step further when they decided to come out with vehicles that had 7 lug studs instead of 8. As a result, I completely wrote them off on any future purchase or recommendation! "Do ya hear that, Henry!" :up:
Hey up there, Walter P., "Kick him in the nads for me!"

Last edited:
YA know, you are absolutely right, DeltaV. I gotta stop being Mr. Nice Guy and trying to indiscriminately giving people the benefit of the doubt! Burn in Hell you S.O.B.!!!:D

my BIGGEST bitch about it all is , well BESIDES the fact I don't have a metric tape measure is , the stupid frickin rim companies and associated parties use a flipping + or - 45 or what have you offset instead of backspace in INCHES. I want and need to know 3 1/2 INCH backspace , not freaking + - 367 offset , 0 offset blah blah blah , that is such a retarded and time consuming approach to a simple 4 5/8" backspace number that is simple and quick to figure out. jeeze come on

A "37.9 liter hat" just doesn't as sound as cool as a "10 gallon hat". :mad:

"I'd walk 1.61 kilometers for a Camel cigarette" just isn't as catchy as "I'd walk a mile for a Camel cigarette". :fool:

"Give them 2.54 centimeters and they'll take 1.61 kilometers" is more than a bit awkward than saying "give them an inch and they'll take a mile". :gay:

You know, the metric Nazis won't be satisfied until they get their .454 kilograms of flesh. :rolleyes:

And 1.2 is a decimal, not a fraction...maybe that's what's so confusing?
Hey, it's 12/10ths. Close enough to a fraction for me. :)

You know, the metric Nazis won't be satisfied until they get their .454 kilograms of flesh. :rolleyes:
453.59237 grams of flesh would be closer. (ducking)

Next time someone says metric is better...ask them which metric system and tell them to look it up.

Erg, dyne, that hertz said the slug :poke:
I have all ready encountered that one years ago. Country of origin is so so important.

And we can go another way- MOA(minute of angle) or Mildot(milliradians(?). Oh wait, now we’re into firearms! Whole ‘nother subject.

Think about this one....you guys in the States are almost metric - well at least your currency is. :lol:

One tenth of a foot is 30.5mm
One inch is 25.4mm

The International Harvester company had the weirdest hardware. Mostly fine thread, wrenches needed included lots of 16th inch, 32nd inch, 64 inch and so on. When you found the right wrench or socket, it took you forever to remove the bolt/nut.

Is Bernie "Person #1"???? I KNEW IT! Never trust a man that wears glasses....they just look sneaky

Let's not bring that old decrepit buzzard into the conversation!

And by the way, I wear glasses!
troubled-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

FCA is going to use left-hand metric fasteners throughout all of their vehicles beginning in the 2022 model year.
:eek:

Great, now I need to go buy left hand wrenches, too?

YEah - I remember way back then when we were told we were going to have to learn the metric system. We’re all were like,what what the hell is that!? Why do we have to learn a new measurement system - cause the rest the rest f the world is doing it. Who cares what the rest of the world is doing? It was stressful - especially when you were poor at math to begin with. Who wants to learn a new system!?. I still have PTSD from that time in my childhood. Never happened - never will. Screw the rest of the world ....... says Trump

Auto Transport Service
Back