• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're building convertible challengers now

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score

I did not expect that to happen.
Isn't that great? :D

It is,too bad it's about a decade too late! We were building custom convertible Mopars long before they were!

8250453-DSC00666 (1).JPG

2817765742_39063e4db2_z.jpg

Last edited:
Verts are a love-hate thing having friends who like or don’t. Took some crap from my elder brother who rejected verts for the advantages of less body weight/more power. As an ever-vert guy owning several, just something about them that spells more fun. Nice memories in my youth taking dates out on a hot summer night to drive-in’s and outdoor theaters with the top down. Today it’s nice to cruise out in the country with it dropped. Lol, my brother today says how much he’d like to have that 67 GTO, all-optioned, I had 50 years ago. Me too (and my 70 Cuda vert). If the Challenger had come out in a vert, most likely I would have one.

I think there was/is a company doing Challenger convertible conversions for a few years in Florida. I saw a feature on tv about it awhile ago.

Shipped out like Birds and Daytonas back in the day.

Has to be some SERIOUS engineering knowhow and fabbing to convert a hardtop to a convertible, especially high HP motors.
I've read a bit on it; not much.

Just buy a real Challenger convert. (1970-71)
Lol, would like to do having had a 70 Cuda vert back when. BUT, even clones are getting insane dollars. Had a line on a '70 clone nicely done for $69K – well I needed to take a piss and talk to my wife about taking out da cash and from which account...when I returned to my laptop it was SOLD. Next time I need an empty bladder and immediate knowledge where I'm yanking cash.

Lol, would like to do having had a 70 Cuda vert back when. BUT, even clones are getting insane dollars. Had a line on a '70 clone nicely done for $69K – well I needed to take a piss and talk to my wife about taking out da cash and from which account...when I returned to my laptop it was SOLD. Next time I need an empty bladder and immediate knowledge where I'm yanking cash.
Project for $19: Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale
70 RT Hemi $144 Classical Gas Motors specializing in the sale and purchase of Classic Cars, Muscle Cars, Streetrod and Special Interest Cars
1970 RT $89 Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale

That challenger project, looks better than the 1st car I restoed with my dad about 40 years ago. Only original body part left on it was the hood. Swore off doing rust-buckets after that with the 2nd restoration being a CA car. Did a body transplant on my Dakota last year and at my geezer age, no more major restorations in my future. If I get the itch for another ride, it’s going to be a done one or near done.

Saw an article on it; they're farming out the construction to one of the aftermarket groups who was building them previously. Supposedly adds $25k to the price of the car. Order at your dealer, car goes from factory to top-chop, then delivery to your dealership.

The guy I purchased my car from sold it to fund his 70 Bird clone that was a Vert. He found a wrecked one, nose and wing were good so he has those on it.

Last edited:
here's one from (rebranded) Mr. Norm's 2009 426 (7.0ltr gen 3) 'cuda vert
I don't remember who did/does them now

2009 Cuda Convertible 426ci Hemi Mr. Norms #1.jpg

2009 Cuda Convertible 426ci Hemi Mr. Norms #2.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back