• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you find in the Desert

wagonman

Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
Helping a guy clen some property about 45 acres for resale. Has 2 nasty single wides on it and a old pole barn with Adobe side rooms. Old as heck and packed to the rafters. He said I can have any thing I want, all going to scrap. I got all kinds of Treasures. There was a pile of International motors, trannys T-cases diffs ect. Got no use for Cornbinder parts but I found this shifter. Not going to can a 4spd, Pitched in my truck and put in my pile out back. This was about 2 months ago. Finially got some time and cleaned it up, Supprize a Hurst RE 25561. No #s on the rods but the levers have some. Question about that Monster bracket. I remember seeing one somwere. Did some searches here and elese where. kind of remember something on FABO about a Rare unobtainium read big $$ bracket. Any ideas from the Brain Trust? Scored a nice little Pioneer SX-737 also Cleaned it up and it kicks ***.

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1844.JPG

The bracket is a 1971 b-body, not a real big money part But it is needed.
Saw one on Passons page similar but not the same. Let me get a better pic of the other side. And thank you. Thinking maybe a B-van? This only has 4 mounting holes, not arguing just saying.

IMG_1918.JPG

Saw one on Passons page similar but not the same. Let me get a better pic of the other side. And thank you. Thinking maybe a B-van? This only has 4 mounting holes, not arguing just saying.

View attachment 1467198
Makes sense that it is a van application. The handle to mount is in such a way that the handle points foreward which it does in a van.

I wish I had not let my Marantz 2285B receiver go! Bought in new for pretty big bucks in 1977.

Hard to see but is that a 9090. Killer unit if so. Had a pioneer 1050 and some Polk 10s the first ones. Sold them as a set 10 years ago for around $750 IIRC. Great setup and now I regret it. That was right after I got the Sansui setup at a Easter Seals thrift shop for $35 each. They were filthy and all pots locked up. Thank God for Deoxit and my time. These older electronics are like our cars you can fix them. Not like newer cars and gear that you pitch in the trash. Found these CS-06s @ a St Vinnys in Oregon $40 a pair Clean as new. Not the best but for shop speakers just fine.

IMG_1852.JPG

I wish I had not let my Marantz 2285B receiver go! Bought in new for pretty big bucks in 1977.
Yup 85 watts per, a bad *** unit with stellar build quality. Around $700 in 77 bucks. Always wanted one of their Quad receivers for my Zappa Discrete vinyl. with the right speakers would make your Head spin.

So true about the old stereo gear! I had a handed-down-to-me early 80s Kenwood unit and a pair of matching Kenwood speakers with these gawdy ornate wood covers...that thing ROCKED. You could hear it clear as a bell from my buddy's house 2 doors down (when all the parents were gone of course!) I had that thing for 25 years and ended up giving it to the neighbor's gardener because I didn't have a good spot for it at the time...oh well. I'm sure it's living on cranking up the mariachi and ranchero music somewhere!

Yup 85 watts per, a bad *** unit with stellar build quality. Around $700 in 77 bucks. Always wanted one of their Quad receivers for my Zappa Discrete vinyl. with the right speakers would make your Head spin.
I even had the walnut top and side pieces to go with it. In 1988 I paired that receiver with a pair of Klipsch KG4 speakers that I continue to use today. I gave away the 2285B more than 20 years ago (crap!). I'm now using a Marantz PM-68 Integrated Amplifier that I bought back in 1998 (seems not that long ago!)

I have the Sansui AU- 417 45WPC paired to some 80s cheesy looking Technics SB-G920s rated @ something stupid 350per. Got them from a Vietnam vet buddy Free. He didnt have anything just the speakers. He gave them to Me stipulating I cant sell and he could listen to the once in a while. We had tons of fun toking and spinning records. Sure miss that old Goat, still keep in touch and have invited him down many times. Kind of stubborn guy, has not been out of OR since he got discharged. Would love to get the Mate for the TU-9900 and some Klipshorms so they could hear me in El Paso. We can dream. Will put that 7-10 G in my cars instead. The Technics are clean but have that GeeGaw 80s look. Good components though.

Helping a guy clen some property about 45 acres for resale. Has 2 nasty single wides on it and a old pole barn with Adobe side rooms. Old as heck and packed to the rafters. He said I can have any thing I want, all going to scrap. I got all kinds of Treasures. There was a pile of International motors, trannys T-cases diffs ect. Got no use for Cornbinder parts but I found this shifter. Not going to can a 4spd, Pitched in my truck and put in my pile out back. This was about 2 months ago. Finially got some time and cleaned it up, Supprize a Hurst RE 25561. No #s on the rods but the levers have some. Question about that Monster bracket. I remember seeing one somwere. Did some searches here and elese where. kind of remember something on FABO about a Rare unobtainium read big $$ bracket. Any ideas from the Brain Trust? Scored a nice little Pioneer SX-737 also Cleaned it up and it kicks ***.

View attachment 1467179

View attachment 1467183

View attachment 1467187

View attachment 1467190
i still have one of them. and the turntable to match.

Bought this 9090 in 1976.
View attachment 1467476
I always preferred DYNACO Mk III monoblock amps (w/ Genelex KT88 output tubes) driven by Dynaco PAX-3X preamp into Acoustic Research AR-3A speakers......but always coveted the MARANTZ tuner with the built in Oscilloscope for tuning but could never afford one.......tubes have a "warmer richer" sound than solid state stuff.......just my opinion of course.......
BOB RENTON

I always preferred DYNACO Mk III monoblock amps (w/ Genelex KT88 output tubes) driven by Dynaco PAX-3X preamp into Acoustic Research AR-3A speakers......but always coveted the MARANTZ tuner with the built in Oscilloscope for tuning but could never afford one.......tubes have a "warmer richer" sound than solid state stuff.......just my opinion of course.......
BOB RENTON
Was that Marantz a quad with a joy stick for speaker Ballance?

I've had a Sansui 7070, a Marantz 2220, Kenwood KD-5070 turntable since new. A few years ago I picked up a Pioneer TX-9500II tuner. Everything has been re-capped/restored, and they all sound amazing!

Auto Transport Service
Back