• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thinking about selling

plowman

Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
1970 super bee hemi orange, 383 n-96, 4 sp. complete number matched all componets date coded correctly except starter. Car was restored to the build sheet. Rotesserie restored 2yr., ago. scored 92% which the deduction being fixed 2011 mopar nat. car is basically a trailored car. The undercarriage is like it was when it left the factory and the old paint markings reapplied. many awards and best of shows. Any Ideas what I should ask for the car? Thanks

try searching the web,also look at ebay ,try cars on line ,hemmings motor news theres a start then plus or minus the price ,without seeing it we can only guess , so use your best weapon your finger on your PC ,Im sure others will chime in someone will be able to help you :headbang:

its worth exactly what someone will give you for it. too many people dump hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars into a car only to get upset when they cant recover their money. the market and economy determine value and finding that one person that has to have it bad enough and is willing to pay for it doesnt determine its actual value. look around the net and find out what the average price for them in similar condition are going for. people want tons of pics these days , as most muscle car sales are done on the internet. its ashamed that prices went through the roof when people started building these cars just to flip them. you get one guy that pays 85,000 bucks for a 318 powered 74 road runner with 35,000 original miles and suddenly everyone thinks they are worth exactly that much. as most people do, start high and gradually work it down until it sells. dont get upset when you have dumped 80,000 bucks into it and it wont even sell at 30k.

my $0.02

here are some picture

Attachments

• newer engine picture 013 (2).jpg
    newer engine picture 013 (2).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 504
  • alignment 003 (2).jpg
    alignment 003 (2).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 517
  • new super bee 006 (2).jpg
    new super bee 006 (2).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 505
  • new 005.jpg
    new 005.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 524
Tough call on pricing. But if I had to stab in the dark I wouldn't think 45-52k would be out of the question. That's one sexy mofo right there!

Holy schnikies thats a nice car... ask what you want to get out of it... 50k I think is what the book calls it

I'd give you a kidney for it, about the only thing I have worth any money I can spare..LOL

Awesome car. What are you after by selling? You just want to get rid of it? You want something else? If you want something else, consider that you may not find something that nice. Or...maybe you want another project?

Awesome car. What are you after by selling? You just want to get rid of it? You want something else? If you want something else, consider that you may not find something that nice. Or...maybe you want another project?

A lot of it is the chase but then again finding something I could bring back to life without breaking the bank. I have close to the 50 in it so I think I could come close to break even. I like the number matching cars that is my nich but to find one that I wouldn't be under water on after completion would be another thing.

Holy crap Batman...
Wish my 70 Bee looked that good!
I should trade you one of my two 2007 Shelby GT500s for it!
Yeah, my "gal" would shoot me if I dragged home another car.
No offense to anyone but being a 70 Superbee owner; I think $45K to $50K is optmistic in todays market. Perhaps a strong $39,500 ?
Now: "if it was a red 69 Camaro...well hell yeah"
LOL
By the way, a poll was taken back in the early 2000s and that color combo came in #1 for the 70 Bee.
"Super-bee_ski"

A lot of it is the chase but then again finding something I could bring back to life without breaking the bank. I have close to the 50 in it so I think I could come close to break even. I like the number matching cars that is my nich but to find one that I wouldn't be under water on after completion would be another thing.

Well bless your heart. It takes a special breed indeed to go to all that trouble. I wish you luck. If I come across somethin I'll holler.

What I just paid for my Hemi GTX is obscene , and I know it is not worth that much today. I am not thinking that way, but am thinking life is too short, do what you want. If it is not a choice between the food on your table and the car, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.:headbang:

Well, it is been a while since this post. I was invited to the Muscle car and corvette nationals and was lucky enough the car got stock concours gold. It scored a 970 out on a 1000pts. Got deducted for minor stuff. I wonder if this will help far as getting a good price.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 333
1970 super bee hemi orange, 383 n-96, 4 sp. complete number matched all componets date coded correctly except starter. Car was restored to the build sheet. Rotesserie restored 2yr., ago. scored 92% which the deduction being fixed 2011 mopar nat. car is basically a trailored car. The undercarriage is like it was when it left the factory and the old paint markings reapplied. many awards and best of shows. Any Ideas what I should ask for the car?
Thanks

C P I black book has it at $34,200 at the highest category.

Auto Transport Service
Back