Thinking about upgrading

New Hemi Engine Swap

1. kb67mopar

kb67mopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:31 AM
    Hey guys, wondered your thoughts. Some of you may be aware of my car, and some not, so the background:

2003 5.7 Hemi in a 67 Coronet. Running a Stock computer and hotwire auto harness. Engine is completely stock.

I bought a couple core engines for my truck project and think that is going by the wayside now. So If I sell that, I have been thinking about building a new engine for the Coronet. Here is my plan (tell me if you like it or think its silly)

Stock rotating assembly
    Comp 273-14H Cam
    6.1L Lifters and pushrods
    Indy Mod Man intake manifold
    FiTech 600 hp throttle body injection
    Hemi6 Spark control box

I am thinking this combo should be good for around 450 hp based on some reading I have been doing. Anybody see any flaws in the combo?

Also if I go through with this I will have my 03 engine, wiring harness, computer, throttle sensor for sale if anybody is interested. (but not until driving season is over unless you are really convincing :p)

2. Mike67

Mike67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Aren't there enough aftermarket upgrades that would easier and cheaper to get you there? Tuner, lrg injectors and as a last resort maybe a can upgrade???
    Seems like a lot of unnecessary expense to build the same motor for 450hp.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • kb67mopar

kb67mopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Well to be completely honest the swap in fuel injection systems and intake manifold are more for aesthetics than horsepower. The stock fuel injection and the cam upgrade should get me to 425-450 hp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.