• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking of buying this 67 Coronet

Fisher

Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
This is a local car my buddy bought. He has no time or money really to build it. I know he doesn't buy junk, at the same time the car needs some work. The front floor was replaced by previous owner, the trunk floor needs to be replaced. I see AMD has the trunk floor. I have a sheet metal fabricator buddy who said that he would do what ever patch panels need to be made etc. The car is a factory turn key 383 car that has not been molested i am told. Car has a 727 with an 8-3/4 in it. I can get it for $1900.00 I think thats a fair price, He said the rest of the car is very solid.

My plan is to build a 400 hp 383 driver with 3.55 gears, old school super stocker look. Car will be either gold or silver with chrome reverse wheels. What do you guys think about this car as a project? The car comes with a ton of parts i am told? Will go see it this Tuesday.

ad2175.jpg

b63cb9.jpg

rku2pf.jpg

343niqb.jpg

2im3yqb.jpg

2hhhmi8.jpg

2s82s90.jpg

under 2k and not rotted to death?
it looks like a kickin deal to me..

and pay the man
before he changes his mind..lol

Well he is a friend and will trailer it to my house. I want to see the trunk area and under the car to be sure. But i am starting to really get into this car.

These are hard to find parts for. Very few reproduced items so if it is missing anything be prepared for some serious searches :) but that is a heck of a deal.

Car comes with New carpet headliner and dash pad, all in black. from what he tells me the car is complete with doubles of parts. Going to leave it a bench seat column shift car.

Car comes with New carpet headliner and dash pad, all in black. from what he tells me the car is complete with doubles of parts. Going to leave it a bench seat column shift car.

Ok then it is not worth it. Forget about it and PM me your friends contact info. :)

Love that year - and it will make an awesome project. Can only tell what you show and say but looks like a great deal. Buy it and good luck with the build. Keep us n the loop with progress.

My duster took 4 years and lots of money, was done right. Will do the same with the coronet.

Love that year - and it will make an awesome project. Can only tell what you show and say but looks like a great deal. Buy it and good luck with the build. Keep us n the loop with progress.
Going to go see it Tuesday, taking cheque book along. He said he will trailer it back to my place too. cant argue with that.

That's deal is a no Brainerd but I am partial to the 66-67's. I have paid a lot more and received much less.

Love it . . . if you don't get it you'll need to have your head examined . . . We all need a little madness in our life ! ! ! ( smile )

I'm partial to 67's too . . . ( smile )

you take a lot of time on an extremely obvious conclusion. It can be parted for more than 2k

My duster took 4 years and lots of money, was done right. Will do the same with the coronet.

The Coronet will take more money, time, and patience. Great cars....no parts. I keep all the doubles I have, in case mine gets wrecked.

A 500 with a bench seat- that's a no cost downgrade option IIRC.

Kind odd.

The side molding traps leaves and dirt and promotes rust.

Over the rear wheel is the first place this body style likes to rust (note also under that trim)
best source of patch is a 4 door car, as they don't rust there nearly as bad.
It's actually highly likely to find a 4 D with no rust there whatsoever!

Looks good so far.

I agree about keeping doubles of parts esp bumpers and fenders.

Why sell a decent fender for 2-3 hundred and take a chance on needing $900 in body work to fix a fender bender collision (or finding another fender at sellers prices)

50 year old factory chrome bumpers sitting outside seems to hold up better than expensive new chrome stored inside for a few years....go figure that.

A northern car could be susceptible to soft frame rot, but worst case those parts are repro'd and same as 68-69.

Check the roof to quarter seam, from the inside.

That area IS a bitch to work on and hard to find clean parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back