• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking of Selling - Need some Advice on Venues

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
Well it’s been a short 48 years that I’ve owned the 68 X. It’s come to a point where I’m seriously thinking of selling and downsizing in general. I know I can post her on FBBO and I probably will. I know about cars on line - but outside of those venues I’m not sure where else to post - or how to get in touch with the sites. I’m not going to Craigslist or EBay. I’m asking for some advice on where to go and any other sage tips the wise folks on FBBO might have for someone in my situation. It’s a great car and turn key so I only want to got to reputable sites where she will get a lot of looks. Any help would truly be appreciated. Thx!

that's too bad, hope all is well
I wish you all the best luck

www.autabuy.com
use to be OK
I haven't listed or sold anything, for a really long time now

www.racingjunk.com
they have street cars listing too
again haven't tried to sell anything or list stuff, in a long time

www.speedsport.com
now also has free listings too,
I got it from a daily newsletter

Last edited:
do all the FBBO FABO FCBO FEBO etc.
also the sister RR site www.69roadrunner.net

people are always looking,
a captured audience that likes MoPars
some are slower compared to here :poke:
but it's exposure & free

Hey! I have a 68 "X" for Fourty-seven years! Congrats. Sounds Classy, Id do Hemmings.

If you have a car that deserves top dollar then I second hemmings.
You won't have the joy riders or scammers like other listing sites.

Hemmings will get you more top dollar shoppers,But
i think youd sell it twice as fast right here on this site.
jmo.
there really is a lot of people who just lurk here and quite a few are waiting for the car they want to popup for sale.
might be your car??

throw a price on it and lots of pics and see what happens?
worst comes to worst and you arent getting close to what you wanted,list it in Hemmings.

You only have to find one buyer, and with a car as nice as yours, that one buyer might be right here.

sorry your thinking of selling your X. Post some pics of the car. I regret selling my Charger but sometimes you have to do what you need to do.

So shes been with you since 1971, I hate to see you do it. Hope all is well.

I would be interested to know the price and details @GetX'd. You probably won't have to go much further than FBBO, but if necessary, I also say Hemmings. Definitely stay away from the scammers on Craigslist, not worth the hassle.

Noooooooooo! Take a breath.
Seconded! I've always admired your X, @GetX'd .
It's like yours is the brother that made something of himself, while mine is the little brother that's
sorta scraped along and got the scars to show for it. :)
I sure hope everything is ok and this isn't a "have to" situation.
I know one thing - it's worth saving for the next to inherit it, if there is anyone like that. :)

Hemmings online is a good choice. I used their site a couple of months ago to sell my Charger. Relatively reasonable listing price ($100) gets you a one time picture listing in the monthly hard copy issue and an online posting that stays up until sold or removed.
Last place I'd suggest is eBay because of $ charges and difficulties communicating with prospective buyers.

Thanks guys! It looks like the top choices are definitely - Hemings - Racing Junk - Cars on Line - and of course FBBO. I’m a little surprised as I thought there’d be more options. Although I guess I hopefully don’t need to list it on a hundred sites to get a sale. I appreciate all the comments too. I’m taking that breath right now. It’s definitely hard to let go of something that’s literally been part of your whole life. None of my family are motor heads so while they admire the car I don’t see passing it on to one of them for a probable sale. I have friends that are interested but can’t afford it. So there comes a time for everything and I’d like to find the right buyer that would enjoy the X as much as I have over the years. Pls if you think of a few more sales sites PM me or try to catch me on the forum. I usually check in everyday. Appreciated - Kevin

This may not be proper or correct thinking, but I’ve had the Coronet for 31 years. It’s pretty close to having my dna. I remember my friend Randy driving it one day when he still smoked. Probably 1988. He used the ash tray. Meant to be used,driven, and enjoyed. Miles of smiles and sometimes terror are irreplaceable. Time machine. It’s 1969, the Coronet is new, Motown is on the Radio (WFIL AM Thumbwheel) and I’m 16. Or so we both think. No one to pass to on to here either. If there is anything left, I hope it gets into the hands of an enthusisast who would have similar enjoyment with it. For about $1. It’s never been about the money or value.

Last edited:
Dennis brings up a good point in that there is some 'value' in finding a buyer that will enjoy the car and maintain the hobby. Jay Leno wrote an article for Hagerty magazine awhile back that points out selling to a flipper, or a high bidder sometimes itsn't the best thing to do for the hobby (just to gain a few more $$$).

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back