• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinnest fan options

Malicious

Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
Building a hotrod using a 440 and I’m looking at fan options. My coronet has a jag clutch fan that I got recommended from here, but I’d like a thinner option.

Anyone got any cool tips?

Thanks!

Fan blade bolted to the water pump snout, no clutch or spacer, is about as thin as you can get.

If want to go electric Wizard has a brush-less setup that pretty awesome but kinda pricey. It is the absolute thinnest package that one can buy.

1640-102BL__77886.1494529267.1280.1280.jpg

I was thinking electric fan to be honest, mainly for a safety thing as I will have my kids in and around the car, but maybe the back up is a fan mounted to the pulley. Would be easy to add and remove it if absolutely necessary...

What are peoples thoughts on a electric push fan instead? That would give the best look, but I'm not sure it will cool the the big 440 enough... Potentially 2 10" fans..

Auto Transport Service
Back