• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Third member snubber bumper, anyone seen this style?

idrivemopar

Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
So, i ordered a snubber bumper for my 8.75, but it does not match, and seems to be the only style i have seen. Has anyone seen one like this? Is this maybe off a different car model or year?

Here is what the original looks like, and the replacement, but not correct.

Attachments

• IMAG0877small.jpg
    IMAG0877small.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 285
Did someone say rubber baby buggy bumpers??

I haven't seen it but if this is off the car in the pic (early 70's) it's possible this was a cheaper solution to the one with the tabs. Early cars use the tabs. It looks like it would fit the rectangular slot so just bend the tabs to the outside. You can even put a small tack weld to hold it in but too much heat will cook the rubber so be careful. Have water near by to quench the rubber part.

I thought about bending the tabs on the new one, but this thing is made out of some tough steel, they wont bend!!!! Well, unless i put it in a vise, but then it may just break. I find the weirdest things on this car. Its of my 73, and with all the one off stuff for that year, this doest really surprise me!

Check out Mancini Racing, they have all different styles of after market pinion snubbers for old mopars. They are listed in the suspension & chassis parts on their site, unless you want OEM.

NOS or not, I don't think that snubber will ever come close to making contact with the floorpan.

Auto Transport Service
Back