• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This 73 RR got hit hard!

I tried to log in an bid, but they wanted too much personal information that I wasnt comfortable with giving in an app on the phone.....Sux I need this car!

The problem is the rapid deceleration (or acceleration if hit from behind) felt through the human body in these old cars with no crumple zones.
I read somewhere of an accident here in Oz, the driver looked ok, but his aorta had detached and he was gone.
I'm always surprised how many people I see driving vintage cars who don't wear seat belts. Even in many of the reality TV gearhead shows, they head out for a test drive toward the end of the show after finishing the build, and you see they aren't wearing seatbelts.
I don't understand the thinking there? You don't drive the car much and when you do it's only on nice days and you are driving it more carefully since it's a special car, therefore you think you have 0 risk of getting in an accident?
Sadly I am sure a few fellow car guys have gotten killed or more seriously injured in accidents due to this habit.
When I bought my '71 Challenger at an auction, I went to pick it up and found that although there were shoulder belts installed, there were no other seat belts installed in the car, which had been restored at least 10 years earlier!! The restorer and subsequent owners didn't care apparently. First thing I did after getting the car home was call BEA and order a set up seat belts for it.

Could have been worse.
1973-PLYMOUTH-ROADRUNNER-RM21P3R314072_1_OggnzG.jpg

I tried to log in an bid, but they wanted too much personal information that I wasnt comfortable with giving in an app on the phone.....Sux I need this car!
Call them on the telephone!

As much as I love our old Mopars,they offer zero side impact protection! My friends 73 Road Runner got tee boned in the passengers side door, and you could stand up with your feet on the ground where the passenger side seat used to be! If his girlfriend would have been with him in the car they would have been putting her in buckets! Closed casket funeral for sure. Keep this in mind when driving them,don't pull out in front of anyone!

Auto Transport Service
Back