• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

this is on a 69 GTX, please tell me about the block..

Lineman

Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
This is on a disk brake car and and the restriction valve or whatever you call it is in the line to the rear brakes.. Please tell me about this block, I thought this is a proportioning valve and distribution block? And is it the same for disk and drum brake cars? And what exactly does the pin do that the wire attaches too?

Thanks

Jay

2021-09-04 08.43.58.jpg

The wire and connector go to your brake warning light. If for some reason you have a failure in either the rear or front brakes the proportioning valve switches to shut down flow of fluid to the leaking section of the brakes. The shuttle inside the brake prop valve then moves to close a contact inside which triggers your brake light telling you there is a problem.

I have the same valve on my 69 Charger. It was a 4 wheel drum set up. I now have 4 wheel disc with the same valve. Yours looks to be screwed up at the switch. Here is a pic when I tore my car apart.

000_1052.JPG

I have the same valve on my 69 Charger. It was a 4 wheel drum set up. I now have 4 wheel disc with the same valve. Yours looks to be screwed up at the switch. Here is a pic when I tore my car apart.

View attachment 1163865

Thanks, yeah my little plastic insulator is missing.. So that jam nut must hold that pin out for something going on in the valve? Looks like I can get one from Inline tube.. I will call them tomorrow and I will check the rod depth.. and see what I have.. I have been messing with these cars off on all my life and the stuff I didn't know..

What kind of problems are you having?

Auto Transport Service
Back