• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is the best anti-EV article I have ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice that the newest buzz word for the easily manipulated is "climate crisis", but no one explains what this crisis is. What happened to the new ice age, global warming, acid rain, NY under water, all the polar ice melting, the hole in the ozone layer, etc....?
Seems like every 10 years we're told we only have 10 more years before we all sizzle like a NY strip at a Texas BBQ Festival.

I heard on the news that Washington state my break a 100 year old heat record this weekend. I wonder what was causing global warming back then? Probably horse **** just like today.

We have little choice today. A call to climate change concerns was announced decades ago. And did anyone listen to the science? Nope. We are decades behind in technology advances because of successful lobbying efforts by fossil fuel industry. Lithium? That's just today's best option. It will be quickly overtaken by tomorrow's. Over 100 years ago. Electric damn near won the production future then.

I keep having to explain the history of automotive industry. What if Henry Ford gave into the crazy crowd that called automobiles evil. And that they would never give up their horse and buggies? Did it kill the horse industry and passions? No. In fact, it enhanced.

The technology change is over due. And giving into fear is just foolish. There will be gas for our beloved classic into the future. But continued attempts to block EV development is a loser.

They are higher performance.
More energy efficient.
Lower maintenance.
With less environmental impact.

And that's with today's technologies. Imagine what tomorrow brings?

We either lead into the mid and later 21st century advancements. Or we watch the United States get passed as the economic world leader.
If you think they have less environmental impact, you know nothing about the mining of the raw materials, production of the car itself AND the impact of getting rid of the spent batteries. On top of that, we do NOT have the infrastructure to support 20% of the EV draw on the grid. Hell, we barely have the infrastructure to support everything WITHOUT the EV crap! I'm all for tech advances but total EV ain't it.

I think there is room to grow, but open your eyes to other ideas.
WO2007035124A2 - Plasma vehicle engine - Google Patents
I don't understand much of that, but why is it under 'Google Patents'? Does Google patent things now? With some of those patents going back to the 1970s, and much of the PDF written in Russian, I would have thought that if it was a viable concept with advantages, the USSR would have developed and used it.

I don't understand much of that, but why is it under 'Google Patents'? Does Google patent things now? With some of those patents going back to the 1970s, and much of the PDF written in Russian, I would have thought that if it was a viable concept with advantages, the USSR would have developed and used it.
I think Google Patents is just an info page of theirs....? And sometimes I think that the USSR just doesn't have the technology readily available to do things. I mean look how their space program went let alone how backwards their military is.

If you think they have less environmental impact, you know nothing about the mining of the raw materials, production of the car itself AND the impact of getting rid of the spent batteries. On top of that, we do NOT have the infrastructure to support 20% of the EV draw on the grid. Hell, we barely have the infrastructure to support everything WITHOUT the EV crap! I'm all for tech advances but total EV ain't it.
One of the things about the current crop of EVs is how heavy they are. Why is that? Remember the original Tesla Roadster that was based on a Lotus Elise body? It was a sub 4 second 0-60 car and weighed under 2900 pounds.

If R-12 refrigerant has been banned in cars for nearly 30 years, as well as the propellant used to keep every hair in place, the cars on the road are the "cleanest" ever made, along with every single car that rolls off the assembly line receiving a stamp of approval from the EPA, how can a "crisis" possibly be blamed on a consumer who wants a new car or truck with a V-8?

I think Google Patents is just an info page of theirs....? And sometimes I think that the USSR just doesn't have the technology readily available to do things. I mean look how their space program went let alone how backwards their military is.
While much of their technology seems crude, they have had a lot of success in their space program. They had the first satellite in space, the only satellites to successfully land on Venus, and built and launched the first module of what is now the International Space Station. Their RD-180 engines are about the most efficient rocket engines made, and the US bought a lot of them for use in the Lockheed Martin Atlas III, and its successor the Atlas V. When Lockheed developed the shape of the F-117 stealth fighter, it was based on Russian papers on radar reflections. My point was simply that if the above mentioned plasma engine had merit, they would have put the time into figuring it out, even if they didn't do it with the most elegant methods.

One of the things about the current crop of EVs is how heavy they are. Why is that? Remember the original Tesla Roadster that was based on a Lotus Elise body? It was a sub 4 second 0-60 car and weighed under 2900 pounds.
What little I've read about the EV tech is that new lighter battery materials are being looked at. IIRC, a thread was started about it not too long ago? I do know we (as in this country) need to do that since China has the corner on the market for the present battery tech. Also need a battery that holds a charge for longer even it it means less full power when fully charged. Yeah, having a car with that much punch off the line is nice but the majority of people don't need it and nailing the 'throttle' pulls a bunch of current just like it does with an ICE. Fuel mileage drops a lot with jack rabbit starts. I could easily get 30% better mpg in town than my X got with her JRS's and hard on the brakes coming to a stop at the light. She went being on the gas to on the brake with no coast what so ever and there are lots of people that drive with that. Have a buddy of mine that's even worse with his driving style which makes it most uncomfortable for passengers.

All cars have mining efforts to make. You are stuck on lithium being the only battery option. It will be obsolete in next 20 years. Engineers are solving the sodium ion durability issues as we speak. And that technology will be over taken by solid state batteries. Their problem today is cost. But that's coming down as engineering refinements are worked.

Your fear is unfounded and clouding your acceptance. History is littered with this fear. And does effect the spirit of innovation. But never stops the drive.

That's America!

We have little choice today. A call to climate change concerns was announced decades ago. And did anyone listen to the science? Nope. We are decades behind in technology advances because of successful lobbying efforts by fossil fuel industry. Lithium? That's just today's best option. It will be quickly overtaken by tomorrow's. Over 100 years ago. Electric damn near won the production future then.

I keep having to explain the history of automotive industry. What if Henry Ford gave into the crazy crowd that called automobiles evil. And that they would never give up their horse and buggies? Did it kill the horse industry and passions? No. In fact, it enhanced.

The technology change is over due. And giving into fear is just foolish. There will be gas for our beloved classic into the future. But continued attempts to block EV development is a loser.

They are higher performance.
More energy efficient.
Lower maintenance.
With less environmental impact.

And that's with today's technologies. Imagine what tomorrow brings?

We either lead into the mid and later 21st century advancements. Or we watch the United States get passed as the economic world leader.

People should watch this before it gets removed. In 4 minutes, this guy explains what 1000's of hour long propaganda videos try to ignore: perspective.
This isn't a video full of buzzwords and fear and "what we can do to stop it" it is a video that shows how they found the data and what the data says. PERIOD.

All cars have mining efforts to make. You are stuck on lithium being the only battery option. It will be obsolete in next 20 years. Engineers are solving the sodium ion durability issues as we speak. And that technology will be over taken by solid state batteries. Their problem today is cost. But that's coming down as engineering refinements are worked.

Your fear is unfounded and clouding your acceptance. History is littered with this fear. And does effect the spirit of innovation. But never stops the drive.

That's America!
The present research is trying to use something else besides what's controlled by China....and lithium is not exactly cheap either.....but oil isn't going away either. After all, way too many products are made with it including EV's.

People should watch this before it gets removed. In 4 minutes, this guy explains what 1000's of hour long propaganda videos try to ignore: perspective.
This isn't a video full of buzzwords and fear and "what we can do to stop it" it is a video that shows how they found the data and what the data says. PERIOD.

He won't have to worry. Greenland won't have an ice sheet in next 200 years if current conditions exist. His own data shows this. The spike at the end of his graph? That's in decades. Not thousands of years. It's only there the rise is at that steep of slope. And that rise is accelerating. That's what has science concerned.

Data from other disciplines shows same pattern. A spike never seen in the history of core sample and other analysis. That is occurring as we speak.

Science knows it takes earth's bio system to return CO to the earth from the atmosphere about 80 years. What's different today is man's contribution by burning of fossil fuels to where more CO is introduced at a higher rate than the planet's natural cycle rate. This can and will lead to a tipping point. Where massive about of CO (Primarily in the form of methane.) Is released by the thawing of permafrost. This causes runaway greenhouse event. This condition is easily recreated in labs. And confirmed with data modeling.

The good news? As his own graph displays, we still have time. By reducing our contributions in the next couple decades to a point where the CO cycle is stable. That's "Zero net" emissions goal. It's not the elimination. But a reduction of man's contributions by percentage.

This can be achieved. If we stay on same path of energy innovation. Thus returning to my opening statement. We have no choice. And it's over due.

He won't have to worry. Greenland won't have an ice sheet in next 200 years if current conditions exist. His own data shows this. The spike at the end of his graph? That's in decades. Not thousands of years. It's only there the rise is at that steep of slope. And that rise is accelerating. That's what has science concerned.

Data from other disciplines shows same pattern. A spike never seen in the history of core sample and other analysis. That is occurring as we speak.

Science knows it takes earth's bio system to return CO to the earth from the atmosphere about 80 years. What's different today is man's contribution by burning of fossil fuels to where more CO is introduced at a higher rate than the planet's natural cycle rate. This can and will lead to a tipping point. Where massive about of CO (Primarily in the form of methane.) Is released by the thawing of permafrost. This causes runaway greenhouse event. This condition is easily recreated in labs. And confirmed with data modeling.

The good news? As his own graph displays, we still have time. By reducing our contributions in the next couple decades to a point where the CO cycle is stable. That's "Zero net" emissions goal. It's not the elimination. But a reduction of man's contributions by percentage.

This can be achieved. If we stay on same path of energy innovation. Thus returning to my opening statement. We have no choice. And it's over due.
Let's wipe off from earth every single human being right now.......it won't change a thing with the earth going through it's paces. How much and what emissions do volcanoes put out when one erupts? How much did Mt St. Helens put up in the atmosphere? They numbers are published. It's a lot more than just Co2. How much Co2 does cellular respiration in organisms put up? How many organisms are alive and well....wait, I'm having an organism right now!!

Let's wipe off from earth every single human being right now.......it won't change a thing with the earth going through it's paces. How much and what emissions do volcanoes put out when one erupts? How much did Mt St. Helens put up in the atmosphere? They numbers are published. It's a lot more than just Co2. How much Co2 does cellular respiration in organisms put up? How many organisms are alive and well....wait, I'm having an organism right now!!
That's not reasonable, or even worth commenting.

Just one look at the sheer volume of emission's emitted from a single volcano eruption that the EPA would consider harmful & demand control if they could.... But they haven't found a way to control nature.. Yeah, cars produce a fraction of the emissions but since they have been able to scare the sheeple into bowing before the Lords of SCIENCE!!!! I notice the greenest part of those involved in telling us we are destroying the planet is their bank accounts...

You get Al Gore & Nancy Pelosi to take a public train instead of a private jet, get politicians to quit buying ocean front mansions with money their government pay shouldn't justify & maybe I'll believe some of the crap spewing out of the earth first crowd... But probably not...

BTW as taken from the Smithsonian EDU website.....

Overall, 49 volcanoes were in continuing eruption status as of 14 April 2023

That aught to make AOC's head explode... Thank goodness none of those volcanos are in her district or even in the continental US.....

Last edited:
What's changed today? (In last 20-30 years) is the contributions from former 3rd world economics. Primarily China and India. (But not just limited to those two.)

We need and finally are taking the lead in innovative engineering in reversing the trend. Again, it doesn't mean the complete elimination of fossil fuels. The rightwingers always go there. With no alternative ideas. But a balanced approach to ever growing energy needs.

Today. In the US. Electric generation from wind sources has moved past coal into 2nd place. (Natural gas still easily in 1st) We just need to keep this trend moving forward. Solar is ultimately going to win by the end of the century. Then with the introduction of fusion reaction powerplants will get us and the world to our energy needs. It's estimated that the world's energy demand will double by 2040. All technology hands on deck to accommodate this increase.

The future is not scary. We can do this. This is the new economic revolution. The energy revolution. And its already engaged.

Just one look at the sheer volume of emission's emitted from a single volcano eruption that the EPA would consider harmful & demand control if they could.... But they haven't found a way to control nature.. Yeah, cars produce a fraction of the emissions but since they have been able to scare the sheeple into bowing before the Lords of SCIENCE!!!! I notice the greenest part of those involved in telling us we are destroying the planet is their bank accounts...

You get Al Gore & Nancy Pelosi to take a public train instead of a private jet, get politicians to quit buying ocean front mansions with money their government pay shouldn't justify & maybe I'll believe some of the crap spewing out of the earth first crowd... But probably not...
A volcano also throws tons of heavier particles into the atmosphere that actually blocks solar radiation. Nature has already had a balance. Man does not. You don't think science hasn't added natural CO emissions to the calculations? Of course they have.

In fact, man's contributions is not the primary contributer to CO releases to atmosphere. But we are the straw that's breaking the camel's back of this natural balance. And it doesn't take much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back