• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This tears at the ole heart strings . . . Orca that lost her calf . . .

conv67bdere

Super Moderator
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
I've been following this story and it's really sad that the mom has held on to the calf for 17 - they call it grieving . . . really sad to see her pushing the dead calf on her nose for 17 days and 1000 miles . . .

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grieving-orca-tahlequah-j35-dead-calf-now-feeding-frolicking-with-pod/

But, she has finally let go of the calf - now she needs to eat and get strong again ! ! !

Tears at my heart strings to see her pushing that dead calf . . . mother nature is not always "fair" . . . feel so sorry for that grieving mom . . .

Hopefully, she won't end up beaching herself up somewhere, and will procede to just have another one.

I witnessed a Canadian Goose grieving for the loss of his mate once. She died on her nest for some unknown reason and he stayed with her for a couple of weeks before he finally left.

Growing up and living on a farm, you come to the realization that animals have feelings.

Once you have a dog, you realize how sentient some (non-human) beings can be.

I saw that the other day too...

sad ****...

Once you have a dog, you realize how sentient some (non-human) beings can be.
As an only child, I grew up with a champion Doberman Pinscher. Had my black Lab, Bud from 1990 to 2003. His ashes in his oak urn are going in my box when my time comes...
I was the last one in the room-stayed with her all the way-when we put our chocolate Lab Cocoa to sleep. She yawned and gave me one last kiss...
I have 3 Lab mixes now, and they are all special and loved. There is a special place in my heart for "Street Hound". Found her as a puppy trying to cross 6 lanes of blacktop in downtown New Orleans.
She's awesome, and went from living on the streets to...
WINNING THE DOG LOTTERY :thumbsup:
20180412_102308.jpg

As an only child, I grew up with a champion Doberman Pinscher. Had my black Lab, Bud from 1990 to 2003. His ashes in his oak urn are going in my box when my time comes...
I was the last one in the room-stayed with her all the way-when we put our chocolate Lab Cocoa to sleep. She yawned and gave me one last kiss...
I have 3 Lab mixes now, and they are all special and loved. There is a special place in my heart for "Street Hound". Found her as a puppy trying to cross 6 lanes of blacktop in downtown New Orleans.
She's awesome, and went from living on the streets to...
WINNING THE DOG LOTTERY :thumbsup:
View attachment 638684

Dog Lottery - yes she did ! ! !

Had my Yellow Lab for 16 1/2 years and held her in my arms when I had to put her down . . . one of the hardest days of my life.

Now my Great Dane ( rescue from Texas - call him my Texas Chihuahua ) is 8 1/2 years old - and I think he actually rescued me instead . . .

Auto Transport Service
Back