• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This would be a nice tow vehicle

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2...e=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022-04-12

2006_international_cxt_img_3333-7-85680.jpg

Is that a ford bed?

The ford "Louisville", (later Sterling- RIP) body lines lined up with 90's ford pickup beds.

The chevy/gm of that size are based on the van body rather than the pickup cab.
I have seen one stretched with a partial van body. That was interesting.

Agree great tow vehicle for Daddy Warbucks or Richard Cranium.:thumbsup:

That is a Ford bed. At the time that truck was built, Navistar was in a partnership with Ford. There were lawsuits over engine problems and that relationship later ended.
Navistar partnered up with GM more recently so if another truck like that is ever built maybe it would have a Chevy bed.

Uh, have no need for something like that even if I could afford it.....

I think it needs a bigger tow ball on the back!

I'm sure that could pull a 2-car hauler, with living quarters, no problem. Nice way to do an America Tour, before your time is up...

Trucks like that are pretty popular in my part of FL.

I'm pretty sure I see at least one per week.

I even think ford offers one from the factory...or there's a conversion co that sells lots of them.

I've seen some cool older ones, too.

To tow what, your house. It's not about the money, just another thing to have to store somewhere. There was a time my insurance man called me Sir, no thanks.

If I remember correctly, didn’t Vince Wilfork (former NE Patriot) have one of those?

I even think ford offers one from the factory...or there's a conversion co that sells lots of them.

There is a company that does them. I work at International and I've worked an Workstar/HV order or two in recent years for a body builder that makes personal use pickups on truck chassis. Can't remember the name offhand though, and there may be more than one.

They ride rough and the DEF is a night mare. If you delete the DEF it’s more reliable but the ride is awful. We got one for work. It’s as bad on the highway as it is in the mine

For the men with small dicks.

Sounds like a Trivial Pursuit question. "Which part of Florida do men have the smallest dicks"?

Auto Transport Service
Back