• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three in one spacer...

myk r sanchez

Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
pro-67161 (1).jpg
I always thought I had installed a spacer between my CH4B intake and my 'carb, but I guess I never did lol. Anyway, rather than buy two separate spacers, I thought I could buy this instead :

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-67161

Anyone have experience with this or something like it? The three in one design and the clearance pricing makes me want to get it but I've never seen anything like it. Thanks in advance...

If I had enough things I needed to make up enough order for free shipping, I would sure add that on, especially at the clearance price. It looks like a fun thing to play with, and the plastic will help isolate the carb from engine heat. Should help fight vapor lock with the shitty alcohol laced fuel. I've seen dyno tests showing 10-15 up from a spacer, if you can get 10hp for $20 .......?

Spacers are always a crapshoot . That spacer gives several tries to find something that works for you.
Jim LaRoy (sp?) over on fabo (IQ52) did some dyno and engine combination work on an engine his dad built. One of the things he tried was a 2" super sucker spacer (nice part, but lots of bucks) on a m1. The super sucker lost about 5hp/5tq, till 4200rpm, then took off, saw plus 18hp/15tq. at peak. So, success or not? Daily driver, maybe not, bracket car you bet!.

I should've known. With the CH4B intake, Edelbrock 750, 3.75" tall air cleaner and the 1" spacer, the wings on the wing nut for the air cleaner are hitting the hood. I'm pretty sure that if I use a standard nut instead of the wingnut I could get a few millimeters between the air cleaner stud and the hood. What would you guys do?

Mr Gasket makes one I installed on my wifes car...its bone stock so there's no performance benefit other than getting it a little further away from the hot manifold...I think I gave $25..

I'm running a drop base already. I'll look into a shorter air cleaner element. I knew I should've taken measurements! Would just a few millimeters from the stud to the hood be ok?

As long as the motor mounts hold together!

Pbbbb....alright I'm going to give that a try-a regular nut instead of the wingnut. Hopefully a few millimeters of clearance will do. I feel bad though-this wingnut has served me for over 26 years lol...

Guys if any of you dont have a carb spacer or are considering one I can recommend this 3 in 1, 1 inch spacer from Summit. Definitely made a difference with the 4 hole pieces. If you're running a tall intake you might have hood clearance issues like I did.

Only issue I had afterwards was having to adjust my kickdown linkage a few turns to get the shift points straightened out. At light throttle what are the shift points supposed to be? I cant remember what they are. Right now I'm at 1-2 @15mph, 2-3 @25mph (give or take a few mph)...

Auto Transport Service
Back