• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

three point seat belts for convertible

I've thought about that for my drop top too. The only option to mount the shoulder belt is on the seat, as far as I could surmise. On original 69, 70 bench seats, they top of the seat is pretty low, so can't see how where the attachment point could be to make it functional and comfortable. In high back buckets, you have the height, but need serious modification of the seat which would destroy the look. There's always the option of swapping out the seats for a more modern seat that has built in 3 point seat belts but once again, the downside is the look is really changed.

I'll be trying to figure out a way to do it also . . . Feel much safer that way.

Never seen an original one installed. It goes over the top of the back seat according to the FSM. Don't see how anyone could sit in the back seat if they were used. Puzzling thing for me is they were mandatory after Jan 69 but I have never seen any.

They would attach easily to a roll bar which could also "save your bacon".
Mike

Yes, shoulder belts were an option for verts. Another option was back seat shoulder belts

Years ago I considered the Sebring seats which had the built in shoulder belt. It got complicated with the inertia, and what controlled it. Short of a roll bar, I’d put in safe, well anchored lap belts only and call it a day.

DSCN0204.JPG
DSCN0205.JPG
DSCN0009.JPG

I would wander around a local "rip-it-apart-yourself" junkyard, and look at factory late-model verts, see if you can copy/adapt current tech.

Looks great Dave. Like it belongs. Back seat passengers have something to hold on to.

Looks great Dave. Like it belongs. Back seat passengers have something to hold on to.
Thanks, Dennis. Unfortunately, any back seat rider would have to be under 10 years old to be spry enough to climb over the crossbar (removable) behind the seats. Limited room for feet/legs as well since I moved the bench back 3"...

2BAE6B83-4A87-4D4A-92F1-B70C806A6B7F.png
Back seat is easy access for full size adults in this A Body. Angle install is critical. Perfect for four with the top down.

Auto Transport Service
Back