• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three speed wiper motor

pro-streeter

Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if a 3 speed wiper motor from a 68 Polara will work on a 69B body ?
Thanks in advance

Yes and no. The motor is the same, but you will need a cranks arm for a b-body and I think you will have to swap out the wiring plug if I remember correctly

Well, on my original 3spd wiper car, all I did was take a rat-tail file to my original linkage arm (the very first piece that connects to the wiper motor) and round off the opposite side (you'll see, one side is rounded off & you need the opposite side rounded off too). The C-body wiper motor is 180-degrees out vs. a B-body motor for its "park" position. I've run a c-body 3spd wiper motor on my car for 30 yrs.

Well, on my original 3spd wiper car, all I did was take a rat-tail file to my original linkage arm (the very first piece that connects to the wiper motor) and round off the opposite side (you'll see, one side is rounded off & you need the opposite side rounded off too). The C-body wiper motor is 180-degrees out vs. a B-body motor for its "park" position. I've run a c-body 3spd wiper motor on my car for 30 yrs.
Thank you to everyone who has responded so far this is been very helpful I need to replace my two speed with a three speed

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far this is been very helpful I need to replace my two speed with a three speed
Well, then I'm pretty sure that first linkage arm is different anyway 2spd vs. 3spd, so it might be worth investigating if you could just use the c-body linkage arm that already has the rounded off side located for the c-body motor??? Are the lengths the same???? The wiring & switch are different too. I'm sure several people on this site have done that swap to clear a fresh air hood that know exactly what you need. The b-body parts are expensive

As noted...the plug and the arm will have to be changed. Also, as I remember, you have to index the front cover to match the B-Body setting, I think you can find a pic somewhere which shows which rotation it should be put at. This rotation will take care of the park position concern. The connector is easily found on e-bay

As noted...the plug and the arm will have to be changed. Also, as I remember, you have to index the front cover to match the B-Body setting, I think you can find a pic somewhere which shows which rotation it should be put at. This rotation will take care of the park position concern. The connector is easily found on e-bay
Thanks good information on rotation for b body park position.

Thanks good information on rotation for b body park position.
You'll need the complete crank for a 68 B-body P/N 2580934 it will say V-SPEED on it You'll also need a 3sp switch. The connector should be the same as they didn't change the c-body connector until 69.The plug on the c-body should be black and the pin out will be the same as the b-body. The under dash wiring is most likely correct. Every once in awhile there is a small brown jumper wire that is missing at the switch. I have the crank and a diagram showing the brown wire if you need it.
Bruce

Auto Transport Service
Back