• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle Cable Mis-Align, need advice

RRDon

Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
Ok, yes I already know i'm a dumbass so now that we have that out of the way, on to my question....
On my 1968 Road Runner 383 four speed car (with stock 906 heads), I installed a new Edelbrock Performer 383 alu dual plane intake manifold. On top of that I have a new Edelbrock 750 cfm (1411) carb. The new manifold sits about 2 inches higher than the stock cast iron unit. So, my throttle cable (stock mounting) does not line up. It's too far off to force it.
Throt Cable MisAlign 1.jpg

I called their tech line and he (sounded like a 20 year old kid) said to use Edelbrock p/n 8022. But that appears to be incorrect. Any you guys ever run across this and what did you wind up doing to fix it? Thanks, RRDon

Look on E-bay Rick Ehrenberg sells these:
Mopar: 383-400 Edelbrock Performer Manifold Throttle Bracket w/ Kickdown Dodge
Looks pretty nice for a dumbass...

You can make a extension,or I believe Edelbrock sells one,or measure your throttle cable yours may be 19 1/2 '' or 24 3/4'' if you have a 19 1/2'' Mancini has a replacement that is 24 3/4''.Or(my last or) I picked up a AutoZone Spectre universal throttle cable kit ($30) #2431. Just installed one yesterday on my 63 project. I was leery about trying a universal kit but wanted it done NOW. To my surprise it work out great.

Ok, yes I already know i'm a dumbass so now that we have that out of the way, on to my question....
On my 1968 Road Runner 383 four speed car (with stock 906 heads), I installed a new Edelbrock Performer 383 alu dual plane intake manifold. On top of that I have a new Edelbrock 750 cfm (1411) carb. The new manifold sits about 2 inches higher than the stock cast iron unit. So, my throttle cable (stock mounting) does not line up. It's too far off to force it.
View attachment 714009
I called their tech line and he (sounded like a 20 year old kid) said to use Edelbrock p/n 8022. But that appears to be incorrect. Any you guys ever run across this and what did you wind up doing to fix it? Thanks, RRDon

Hmmm. The Performer 383 intake is about 3/8" taller than the factory hp intake. I use the factory bracket and cable with no issue

Huge thanks Dajkzo and Don F. Really appreciate the help. I ordered them from Mancini. I'll post a pic when I get it installed. :)

On eBay it’s ricks-Mopars I believe. Was looking the other day. Nice site.

Thanks oldbee I'll check that site out. And thanks to the rest who contributed. I really appreciate the advice. RRDon

Auto Transport Service
Back