• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle linkage/trans kickdown

diesel_lv

Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
1967 Coronet with 383 and TF 727. I am putting on FiTech fuel injection, and have an Edelbrock RPM manifold. Will my factory linkage for the throttle (factory 2bbl) and trans kickdown work with the RPM manifold and the Fitech? The FiTech is the same as using a Holley 4bbl. Thanks in advance.

Mine didn't (69 Roadrunner 383, 727 withe RPM manifold). I used an aftermarket cable type built by Bouchillon Performance, it's a pretty sweet set up and was really easy to adjust.

Eagleone1983, thank you. I called Lokar about their cables and they said I would have to replace my throttle pedal to a pull type cable setup. Does the Bochillon Performance set up require this as well? I am trying to keep the stock pedal or at least on that mounts like stock and looks stock. Thanks

OK, I just got off the phone with Bochillon Performance. Great customer service is all I can say. I had called Lokar and they said that my accelerator pedal would not work with cable. I didn't even bother to look. BP said I already have a cable. I look at car and what do you know, I do. So, ordered all I need from BP. Thank you Eagleone1983 for the recommendation.

Auto Transport Service
Back