• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle linkage

DWoody

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
I was looking at the throttle linkage on this 440, I thought the metal sleeve on the cable should be under the hold down bracket. Does this look correct?

2020-03-13 16.45.30.jpg

That is all wrong. Do not use the car like that.

Some one put an rpm performer intake on your RB motor, you now likely have the wrong cable, and definitely the wrong throttle bracket.

This is a performer on a 383 with the right throttle bracket that you need. Mancini has a knock off too. The factory cable is JUST long enough with the mopar performance bracket when you have the cable installed at a slight angle.

If you need a new cable order one for an A body 6 cylinder car. (Depending on the year of your car). They are plenty long enough. Pioneer is a brand and can be had through rock auto.

FFAEE50A-1F0E-4F42-8460-D2DA64A221A5.jpeg

That is all wrong. Do not use the car like that.

Some one put an rpm performer intake on your RB motor, you now likely have the wrong cable, and definitely the wrong throttle bracket.

This is a performer on a 383 with the right throttle bracket that you need. Mancini has a knock off too. The factory cable is JUST long enough with the mopar performance bracket when you have the cable installed at a slight angle.

If you need a new cable order one for an A body 6 cylinder car. (Depending on the year of your car). They are plenty long enough. Pioneer is a brand and can be had through rock auto.

View attachment 923239
That looks to be the Mancini 440, Extra tall bracket. What throttle cable should we use on this 1970 Roadrunner, 440, RPM Performer and Quick Fuel 750?

That looks to be the Mancini 440, Extra tall bracket. What throttle cable should we use on this 1970 Roadrunner, 440, RPM Performer and Quick Fuel 750?

It is the mopar performance bracket. I bought that because I get better deals on mopar performance than I do Mancini. I’ve never owned a Mancini bracket but I’m pretty sure their brand is a direct knock off of the mopar performance piece. Probably made by the same company.

You’ll, probably also want the throttle return spring bracket too.

If you want Mancini For you application I would buy the Mancini tall for RB motors:
https://www.manciniracing.com/man440en.html

And buy a pioneer CA8418 throttle cable from rock auto or summit or any vendor of your choice if you find that your stock cable ends up being too short:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pio-ca-8418

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back