• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throwing in the towel

There is nothing wrong with passing it on to the next man in line. That's how it was intended to work and all of us will go through those doors one day, like it or not. You're a good man, Let The Horses Run!!

@Skytrooper I hope you stay on FBBO too...

I'm sure you will contribute

do whatever you think is right, it's your car & your life
enjoy it, while you can, for as long as you can

I'll help to support your decision either way

I always like your posts too...

200.gif

When I was restoring my 68 Coronet 'vert I was so upset about how much the metal and paint cost me I wanted nothing to do with the car when it finally got home. I thought pretty seriously about selling it but in the end I decided to shove it in the garage, toss a car cover on it and forget it for a couple years. I then went out a bought a turn key survivor 73 340 RR and drove that until the Coronet bug hit me again.

So if you have the space to store the Charger for a few years I'd suggest that, and in the mean time if funds allow maybe pick up a newer Hemi Charger, Challenger to cruise around in and have some fun.

So Matt, Can you share what it is that has got you convinced that its time to give up ?
If its personal , I understand.
If its the car itself or just needing some help or a kick start mabey we can help.

There a bunch of different reasons. Mostly, it is the drain on finances and time. Other things need my attention more than the car, but I just can't leave the car ignored either. I have come too far with it to just shuffle it away while I get other things here repaired. So, I am in a kind of "damned if I do...damned if I don't" type scenario.

I totally get that, when we uprooted and moved to our new place I had to spend at least 4-5 years getting set up at the new place, build a shop etc. I just didn't have time or the desire to work on or drive the wagon...so it just sat. Last year was the first time I actually put insurance on it and got out and actually drove and enjoyed it in 5 years....and damn did it feel good to be back behind the wheel of the old long roof!

But it sounds like you really want to keep the car, so as much as it irks you to ignore it I think you should just do that...toss a cover on it, pile some blankets on top and forget it until you get the other more pressing things sorted out in your life....the car will still be there waiting for your return. ;)

There a bunch of different reasons. Mostly, it is the drain on finances and time. Other things need my attention more than the car.
FBBO member Darius went through this same thing. He sold his car through an auction and got far less than he should have for his car.

Auto Transport Service
Back