• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TIE ROD ENDS

moes

Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
just a heads up, you can use the tie rod ends from a C Body car on your B body car, they are beefer than the B Body ones. C Body cars use the 11/16 shank tie rod ends and B Body cars use the 9/16 shank tie rod ends, they bolt right up with no modifications. I just did this on my 1970 Sport Satellite when I rebuilt the front end. You will have to use a C Body tie rod adjusting sleeve.

This is from Andy Finkbeiner's Mopar B-Body Performance Upgrades 1962-1979 book. He's talking about using the C Body 11/16 inch tie rod ends instead of the B Body 9/16 tie rod ends. He says although the increase of 1/8 inch in diameter does not seem like alot, it is enough to more than double the bending resistance of the tie rod shank. This is a significant increase in bending strength for such a small weight penalty.

Auto Transport Service
Back