• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for a belt grinder

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
This is the least expensive model. I’m thinking I will buy the 2nd from the top. I will use for general grinding and eventually use to make some knives in the future.
2x48 Grinder — AmeriBrade

I’m still running a belt/disc sander and would ideally upgrade in the future. There have been a few times already I’d like to be able to tilt my sander for the belt to run horizontally. If you think you’d come across that situation, keep it in mind. Also those surface grinder attachments are fantastic from what I’ve seen.

2x48" Steele Grinder

I’m still running a belt/disc sander and would ideally upgrade in the future. There have been a few times already I’d like to be able to tilt my sander for the belt to run horizontally. If you think you’d come across that situation, keep it in mind. Also those surface grinder attachments are fantastic from what I’ve seen.

2x48" Steele Grinder
Most 6x48 disc/belt sanders can easily swivel from upright to horizontal.. I know mine will...

I just sold a Burr King 760 . 2" X 60" with a Baldor commercial motor with stand for $1500.
. Look for something like that. Been made for decades, last a lifetime and used prices are not bad.

Auto Transport Service
Back