• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to choose a color

Which color would you choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

72Satellite440

Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
Ok its time ^ Off to the body shop for prep and a small amount of filler here and there. It wont ever be a show car or a trailer queen but will make a great driver with lots of power.

Its your car, do what you want- yeah .... but taking opinions of color

#1 choice- Mango Tango (new dodge orange metallic)

#2 choice EV2 Original color (hemi orange)

#3 Other-

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 2,341
  • 39119224001_large.jpg
    39119224001_large.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 15,870
I like the original color on your car. I am a fan of the orange too. I am doing it (toxic orange) on my 69 but I'm adding a vinyl top because I think it would be to much orange, the car is to big for the color. Your black roof stripe might break it up just enough to work though.

Prob not going to reaply the roof stripe- This bronze color also apeals to me

Attachments

• bronze.jpg
    bronze.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,813
I'm fond of both colors really... but for some reason the Mango Tango appeals to my personal tastes for our body style car. You can't go wrong with either one though.

I would say Bronze if you're keeping it as a Satellite. If you plan on cloning it, I'd go with that new orange!

Why would it matter what emblems he is putting on it? It's still the same car, Satellites came in flashy colors and road runners came in plain colors.

Why would it matter what emblems he is putting on it? It's still the same car, Satellites came in flashy colors and road runners came in plain colors.

Just my opinion, which is what he asked for.

I think the new orange would separate you from the crowd. The old orange would be just fine though. My 64 is a custom white yellow and it has been to 4 shows while I struggle to find the cash to finish it. Everyone loved how unique the color was on my Sport Fury. I am a bit of a show off so it fits my personality. What are you ? Do what fits you.... Moose

i think it would look good in the mango tango if the car sat right with the right wheel and tire combo..

How's about this one. Mango Tango with a custom Hemi Orange stipe on the roof, on the hood, or on the lower body line. Nothing too flashy, but enough to catch your eye. Its an idea.

How's about this one. Mango Tango with a custom Hemi Orange stipe on the roof, on the hood, or on the lower body line. Nothing too flashy, but enough to catch your eye. Its an idea.

Oh, now there's a thought! I like where this is going!

as far as i am concerned this is the hardest part of any build, paint colour. anything mechanical you do is changeable at reasonable cost but paint is $$$. let your heart be your guide. i know its not much help but you are a smart guy. you will figure it out.

I always liked the original Sebring plus combos of black with silver on lower side panels or white with silver.

Here's another one, Mango tango base with a "phantom" stripe using mango tango and adding some pearl to tweek the color just enough. Then clear it. One way you look at it, its all the same, then you move alittle bit, or the sun it it alittle different, and pop, there's the stripe.

I choose "other"....leave it like it is, install a HUGE motor and go fast. Ultimate sleeper.

I agree with Capt. Larry. New orange, black stripe. You may want to think about painted bumpers like the new challenger also.

here is another trick. go to house of kolor paint page and go to digital paint booth. then click on demo and see if it is something for you. you will not go wrong with their paint products. pricey but the best.

Dodge has another new orange out for 2012, Header Orange. Seems like a cross between Hemi Orange and Vitamin C, I like it. No matter what, I dont think you can go wrong with any orange! In my opinion, if you go with one of the loud oranges, you gotta go with painted bumpers (i may be biased). But, if you go more of the burnt orange route, id stay with chrome bumpers. Just my 2 cents.

Auto Transport Service
Back