• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to hit the Track.

malex

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
New ET Drags are on and heading up to make some more passes in the 64. Half a dozen passes are under the belt now and best to date is 10.7 @ 125MPH / 1.53 60'. Stay tuned!

IMG_4172.JPG

Sure wish I would have put a door on the left side of the trailer. With the sedan that door post is a bugger to squeeze through.. I see I missed removing a sticker on that right tire.

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4173.JPG

Lots easier loading up myself now with the rail along the right side and tire stop. I can get the car over without worrying about getting too close. That hood and the 2 hinges weigh 80 lbs! That's on the change order list too.

Again....one sweet ride...low 10's are in your future
Appreciate the compliment Mike and yes, I'm Looking to trade in a .5 for 5 more MPH. And it sure didn't take you long to make that Coronet a rocket.

Somehow I don't believe that sticker will be long for this world!

Good luck

hope for good air & track conditions too... :thumbsup:

as normal car looks great

Well, could have been a better day at the track, that's for sure. First test pass this morning WTF, no 3rd gear... So much for that. Turns out that last week when I dropped the valve body to change the shift selector seal, I didn't get the cable set just right. I did make sure it started in neutral and park but didn't run it through the gears to make sure I was grabbing 3rd before going to the track. Ok so no big deal right, a quick adjustment, well that turned out to be a real pain in the *** dragged out job. Hot headers, trans blanket in the way, no room. Make an adjustment, try it, needs a little more, well the headers are hot again, delay delay. Messed up the day. But a better 1.500 60' right off, so heading in the right direction and the car felt good.
Will get it all good in the days ahead and will also upgrade to a good electric water pump before the next time out.

Great car man with a good time. Just swapped my converter in mine. Need to get to a test and tune soon!

Well, could have been a better day at the track, that's for sure. First test pass this morning WTF, no 3rd gear... So much for that. Turns out that last week when I dropped the valve body to change the shift selector seal, I didn't get the cable set just right. I did make sure it started in neutral and park but didn't run it through the gears to make sure I was grabbing 3rd before going to the track. Ok so no big deal right, a quick adjustment, well that turned out to be a real pain in the *** dragged out job. Hot headers, trans blanket in the way, no room. Make an adjustment, try it, needs a little more, well the headers are hot again, delay delay. Messed up the day. But a better 1.500 60' right off, so heading in the right direction and the car felt good.
Will get it all good in the days ahead and will also upgrade to a good electric water pump before the next time out.
I would get the Meizier that merely bolts to your existing water pump housing and pumps about 55 gal per minute. that is what I got. I launch at 150 degrees, go thru the lites at 190, then goes up to about 200 or 205 on the return road. Come back to the staging lanes (or pits), shut the motor off and run the electric fans and electric water pump and it cools down to 110 degrees in about 5 minutes. I have a 2nd deep cycle battery in the trunk in front of the drivers side tail lite and have it wired ONLY to the water pump and fans so it CANNOT RUN DOWN MY OPTIMA STARTER BATTERY that runs the msd box and fuel pump, gauges, etc.

I would get the Meizier that merely bolts to your existing water pump housing and pumps about 55 gal per minute. that is what I got. I launch at 150 degrees, go thru the lites at 190, then goes up to about 200 or 205 on the return road. Come back to the staging lanes (or pits), shut the motor off and run the electric fans and electric water pump and it cools down to 110 degrees in about 5 minutes. I have a 2nd deep cycle battery in the trunk in front of the drivers side tail lite and have it wired ONLY to the water pump and fans so it CANNOT RUN DOWN MY OPTIMA STARTER BATTERY that runs the msd box and fuel pump, gauges, etc.
Got the Meziere pump on order now Mike. Today in the staging lanes by the time I got up into the burnout box my temp was 205-210.

Yes I love my electric W/P and fans. I can pull to the line nice and cool.

I did make sure it started in neutral and park but didn't run it through the gears to make sure I was grabbing 3rd before going to the track.
Would that only be the situation with a manual valve body? If it applies to factory also, post if lengthening the cable adjustment made the difference. That's how I set my cable adjustment but it won't be road tested until later.

Great car man with a good time. Just swapped my converter in mine. Need to get to a test and tune soon!
Good luck with the new converter.

Somehow I don't believe that sticker will be long for this world!
A friend of mine had left the stickers on his tires and figured they'd be gone right away. He told me those buggers didn't burn off right away and he could feel them. He runs a Jeffco trans and took a sprag out, figures the stickers could have contributed to it. His comments were in mind when I spotted that damn sticker.

Auto Transport Service
Back