• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Times' catching up with me

64 and still in pretty good shape body wise. The brain damage gives me problems and the loss of fine motor skills, like my brain telling me I have ahold of something, but I don't. Drop a lot of dishes and glasses. Have all of the aches and pains accumulated from a long time in the service. Not looking forward to what that will be like in 10 or 15 years.
Lol, I’m 67 and was doing fantastic when I was 64. All I can say is be careful and don’t forget your age.

I have to wonder how much of my current ills are directly related to my military service? It's like everything has cascaded from "great health" to "feeling like ****" all the time. My Dad and Grandpa were both in fantastic shape at the age I am right now.
And you as well sir. Thank you for your service. Keep your eyes fixed on what Dad and Grandpa are modeling. Aim high. You have breath, you ain’t done.

Yeah like they say - "aging ain't for sissies". I won't bore you with all the details but I've been under the knife and general anesthesia 13 times. I stubbornly worked my way thru all that **** - but the last couple of years things have come home to roost. I know theres a minimum of 3 more in my near future but as the great Muhammad Ali used to say "Father time waits for no man". We just have to take it and go as gracefully as possible when the time comes. You won't catch me in some home drooling applesauce on my bib and not knowing where I am. Just put a scuba tank on me and ease me in "somewhere Mexico" where I've been diving many times and the Santa Rosa wall goes 2000 ft deep straight down.

That foot wrap is around three broken toes.
Went out to the garage to check on the
battery charger and kicked/tripped over
the floor jack.

When I was 40, I could actually stand on my head, putting my full weight on it! Used to amaze my sons' soccer team with that trick!

When I was 50, I could still do a handstand...for about five seconds, but still! Do that in front of a class of young airmen...some of them had problems doing ten pushups!

When I turned 60, I started having problems just standing up! That can get scary sometimes.

After my lobotomy I've bin doin muck bitter!
800px-Turning_the_Mind_Inside_Out_Saturday_Evening_Post_24_May_1941_a_detail_1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back