• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire selection question

Darius

Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
I sent my GTX to the painter this week so I am making a decision on tires while I wait for it to be squirted.
70 GTX stock wheel wells. 5,7 HEMI, Alterktion in front and 4 link on the rear. I have the disc brakes and calipers from an 07 Charger on at 4 wheels. I MUST use 17" wheels to clear the calipers. I have selected American Racing torq thrust originals and I will have appx 1/4" clearance at the caliper.
Our calculations are such that we want, almost NEED to stay at 261/2 or less overall diameter. I am looking for something that will give me the most sidewall ht I can achieve so I don't look like I'm running "rubber bands" on my rims The wheel width is 8" with 4 1/2 back space.
I know this size limits me severely in tire choice.
I am seriously liking the BFG gforce Super Sport A/S tire but have not made my final decision.
Just looking for input/experience with different brands if anyone has some in this size range.

Take a look at my pics in my gallery and if that's enough sidewall for you on my 17's I can give you the tire specs

Auto Transport Service
Back