• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire size

tracy

Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
I dont have my 68 coronet road ready yet. But will a 255 -60-15 work on the front ? I have them on now but will they rub going down the road ?

I dont have my 68 coronet road ready yet. But will a 255 -60-15 work on the front ? I have them on now but will they rub going down the road ?
Here's a pix
16006523648862125822136720521340.jpg

I like big meats all around. What does it look like in the front view? If it only rubs a little, I could live with it. Just don't turn the wheel lock to lock unless you absolutely have to! If you hit a bump with the wheel turned sharp, it could damage the fender lip!
:thumbsup:

A wide tire can work on the front, but it needs the right offset, lots of backspace to move the tire inside as much as possible.
But man, that is a BIG tire for the front! I would be worried about rubbing the front fender lip if you hit a bump with the wheels turned.
I think you will be happier with that on the back.

Yeah I bought them for the rear , but they wasn't tall enough

end up taking the 255 back and got 275 for the rear. looks awesome

end up taking the 255 back and got 275 for the rear. looks awesome
Apologies for replying to an old post, but can you post a pic of the final outcome with the new tires?

Apologies for replying to an old post
No apologies needed. There is always room for further discussion. Welcome aboard Potshot. You should officially join through the Welcome Wagon where you can tell us a little about yourself and your ride or your dream ride. :D

Thats 275-60-15 on rear ,235-60-15 on front

Auto Transport Service
Back