• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TKO 600 Revamp

Road Rat

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
I just got the new 540 Hemi in the Satellite running Sunday. While the drivetrain was out I took the 12 year old Keisler tranny to Silver Sport and had the carbon fiber synchros and their new shift mechanism put in. What a difference that made in 2nd to 3rd shifting, no more leaks, hesitation or missed shifts.
With the extra HP of the new engine I bought their dual disc 10.5 clutch (made by Ram Clutches), supposedly good to 800 HP. Hooks up great but it’s a little grabby. It doesn’t have any progressive engagement at all, it just immediately is hooked up. Anybody else having this same thing happen? It’s manageable and maybe that’s the just the nature of the beast. I don’t know what I would do to make it less grabby.
On the fun side, the new engine is a beast.

I just got the new 540 Hemi in the Satellite running Sunday. While the drivetrain was out I took the 12 year old Keisler tranny to Silver Sport and had the carbon fiber synchros and their new shift mechanism put in. What a difference that made in 2nd to 3rd shifting, no more leaks, hesitation or missed shifts.
With the extra HP of the new engine I bought their dual disc 10.5 clutch (made by Ram Clutches), supposedly good to 800 HP. Hooks up great but it’s a little grabby. It doesn’t have any progressive engagement at all, it just immediately is hooked up. Anybody else having this same thing happen? It’s manageable and maybe that’s the just the nature of the beast. I don’t know what I would do to make it less grabby.
On the fun side, the new engine is a beast.
I don't have a twin disc but do have one rated for 500hp, it was grabby for a while but the more I drove it and broke it in the better it got, works wonderful now.

I got their best Single disc, and it is buttery smooth, but I would like something with a bit more Grab..

Did you change anything else as far the clutch mechanism? I have a Charger with a SST Kit with Hydraulic Clutch and a Coronet Wagon with a Keisler Kit with their Hydraulic clutch.. Actuation between the 2 is amazing, the SST is light and like a new car, the Keisler is stff and klunky, like a mechanical system. The trans needs to come out any way at some point, so I might do a SST rebuild and clutch set-up. Fun Times

I got their best Single disc, and it is buttery smooth, but I would like something with a bit more Grab..

Did you change anything else as far the clutch mechanism? I have a Charger with a SST Kit with Hydraulic Clutch and a Coronet Wagon with a Keisler Kit with their Hydraulic clutch.. Actuation between the 2 is amazing, the SST is light and like a new car, the Keisler is stff and klunky, like a mechanical system. The trans needs to come out any way at some point, so I might do a SST rebuild and clutch set-up. Fun Times

I didn’t change anything but the clutch and pressure plate assembly. It has the hydraulic clutch setup. I hope that the clutch gets a little less grabby with time. It seems to lock up well with no slip though. The original clutch that came with the trans wasn’t worth much.

Auto Transport Service
Back