• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To Flame or Not to Flame is the Question?

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
Back in the day Bronx NY, My Buddy was running a Chevy Chevelle with flames accents. I Always like the paint scheme.

0301_01_z+goodmark_industries_1970_chevelle_project_car_flame_paint_job+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

flamedartworkmusclecar-13-620x349.jpg

tumblr_p3b2ecKt291tfdj9uo1_540.jpg
79bffe24929af1e3fe07ff6dcf291e9e.jpg

Well, that wasn't what I thought this post was about at all.
My only opinion on your question is that more is not always better.
The 57 looks nice.
I think it really only goes on older cars like.
"Hot rods" from the 50 and earlier perhaps.

Flames are cool but i think they been done to death and some body styles look like crap with them but its compleatly up to the owner who cares if anyone likes it as long as you do

My charger came with ghost flames on it. It was my thought to redo body and paint but a stroker motor happened instead. The flames are subtle but when it comes time, they're going to go.

I think those cars above, the flames are too much! Just my thought

I like the Cuda because it's not the standard flame job, really doesn't look like flames at all

I like the Cuda because it's not the standard flame job, really doesn't look like flames at all
Yes the are nice/different but other color that flame go over ???
Flames on those cars over done, IMO.

Back in the day Bronx NY, My Buddy was running a Chevy Chevelle with flames accents. I Always like the paint scheme.

View attachment 565856

View attachment 565857
View attachment 565858 View attachment 565859

I really like that 'Cuda. If I was going to do a modern interpretation on that car, then I would transition from one color to another using:
1) a fractal pattern
or
2) a pixilated pattern (like on camo)

Otherwise, I like flames on the really old hot rods.

The Chevelle flames are probably the nicest... I've not seen any Mopars that I can remember where they looked right.
The Barracuda I would call a "rip" not a flame...
Now this Mopar is badass in fuego!!!!

0803-1fire.jpg

Never really been much into flames . . . unless it's a ghost flame . . .

alum-whitepearl-flames-03.jpg

Or this . . .

IMG_5541.jpg

The flame is there, but very subtle . . . unless you get right up on it . . .

Side pipes, shackles and hood scoops, yes....flames... No.

I prefer the ghost flames they do nowadays...I thought at one time I may do my white 68 with some subtle pearl ghost flames.....too much for my car though
c--documents and settings-jarad-my documents-my pictures-cars-3rd gens-whiteghost.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back