• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tom Seaver won't be down!

69a100

Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
I've watched you pitch at Wrigley!!!! RIP Tom!!!!
The National Baseball Hall of Fame announced his death, noting that the causes were Lewy body dementia and covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. The place of death was not disclosed. Mr. Seaver and his family announced in 2019 that he was withdrawing from public life because of advancing dementia.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ml...k-s-miracle-mets-of-69-dies-at-75/ar-BB18EpnN

What a bummer. Growing up in Queens, during the 70s the Mets really sucked. We would only go to Mets games when Tom Terrific was pitching cause we had a chance to win 2-1. He won 300 games pitching for a team that was terrible for years.
I still remember my heart being broken when he was traded to Cincinnati.

Tom Seaver was in California, with his family the last few years, and as mentioned above, had an advanced form of dementia, and the inevitable was bound to happen....

I am a Mets and White Sox fan -- so I got to enjoy
# 41 three times....
I was at Yankee Stadium on August 4th , 1985 right behind the White Sox dugout, for Tom's # 300 !!!!!
And all the numbers were 41 that day.... White Sox won 4 - 1 in the Bronx...
Tom Seaver pitched a complete game, gave up
4 hits and 1 run, struck out 4 and walked 1.....
R.I.P. Tom, and God bless you Nancy and family.....

A great one!
Rest In Peace!

In 1969 we actually had a tv in a 4th grade classroom with a World Series game on. It was that big of a deal. And games were not at night then. I dont remember seeing the moon landing back then in school.

In 1969 we actually had a tv in a 4th grade classroom with a World Series game on. It was that big of a deal. And games were not at night then. I dont remember seeing the moon landing back then in school.
That's because the Mets winning the World Series was a far rarer event than walking on the moon. :lol:

Grew up in Queens. used to walk to Shea stadium to see him play. tickets were $1.30 Great memories. R.I.P.

Grew up a Braves fan, which meant the Mets were mortal enemies.
Still, as a budding pitcher myself, I recognized at an early age how good Mr. Seaver was....
and he sure beat the pants off my team more often than not.
That he also was such a positive influence to everyone around him only added to his stature.
RIP Tom and Godspeed...

Tom Seaver was in California, with his family the last few years, and as mentioned above, had an advanced form of dementia, and the inevitable was bound to happen....

He was active in the grape/winery business there. I saw a show about him last year, I think it was. It might have been ESPN 30 for 30 or something that featured him and told the story of his life. I was a fan when I was a kid in upstate NY in the '60s/'early 70s. R.I.P. Tom

Last edited:
What a bummer. Growing up in Queens, during the 70s the Mets really sucked. We would only go to Mets games when Tom Terrific was pitching cause we had a chance to win 2-1. He won 300 games pitching for a team that was terrible for years.
I still remember my heart being broken when he was traded to Cincinnati.
I worked at Shea Stadium during the mid 70s, it was great! When he was traded to Cincinnati I became a Yankee fan

Hey Iron built,
While we are counting....
Mets. 1969 & 1986. Two (2) World Championships....

State of North Carolina..... (1)
NBA (0). NFL (0). MLB (0). NHL. (1) ....
The Hartford, Connecticut Whalers / Hurricanes....

What is more rare : A moon walk or a North Carolinian marrying his sister ???? (I will let you do the math this time !!!!!)
(Having fun with you --- don't pull out your shotgun....)

stg090420dAPR20200903034506.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back