• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

took my RR to the track

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
after a recent TF transplant (last week) i figured id see how it runs. i have some more to do, needs a line lock, drag shocks, probably take off the sway bar but for a first time out it ran pretty good for not really weight transferring. don't mind the reaction time, i wasn't really to worried about the tree tonight. this was with no burnout, 18 lbs in the drag radials, and driving it to the track. it did spin a little. figure once i get it dialed in i'll run it in sportsman once and a while

photo-12_zps031748a6.jpg

I'd sure be happy with a car that quick. Congrats. Hope you knock off some more with tuning.

From your pic looks like you have a nasty machine. Love those cars that can't it all under the hood. Nice times for just kickin it! Would love to see another pic of the car. Looks like a beauty!

Details on car?

pretty basic short block, just has good heads

.040 over 440
KB flat tops .015 in the hole
LY rods
MP .557 cam in at 105
indy SR heads ported but standard port window
1.6 rockers
six pack
10 converter
4.10 gear
3in exhaust

full body & interior street car. everything works. need to weigh it but im sure its heavy.

photo2_zps275c0cbd.jpg

roadrunner1_zps5b4306cc.jpg

I'm assuming this is the car that had a 5 speed in your sig...what made you decide to go to the auto?

Approx stall speed?

Wow that close to my old 440 as it had the MP .557 cam and 906 heads I ported. I used a Holley Street Dominator intak and a 850 DP. It ran a best of 11.49 @ 116 with a 1.58 best 60. Thats nice numbers for the first time out. Onve you get that 60 down you should hit 11.50's and maybe 11.40's even if you dont get more mph. Ron

I'm assuming this is the car that had a 5 speed in your sig...what made you decide to go to the auto?

Approx stall speed?

i took it out for a easy pass with the 5 speed, ended up recycling the pressure plate.
photo22_zps47a452f6.jpg

photo12_zps2afc75eb.jpg

the auto is a temp deal, thought i would do some bracket racing. didn't cost much, actual trans is one my dad built for himself and was sitting there. converter i had built for hemi along time ago and it never worked real well behind it. and i used the drive shaft from my dart that i ran when it had a 4 speed. dont really have a stall speed, its a super street fighter re-worked. has a 9 in stator. flashes about 4700

nice times makes me wonder what my ride will do with just a bit less. did you use slicks or drag radials?

nice times makes me wonder what my ride will do with just a bit less. did you use slicks or drag radials?

drag radials, didn't even heat them up. its defiantly got a little left if i get it to weight transfer and hook.

on a side note im really kicking myself in the *** for leaving the LY rods in it. It runs a little stronger than i expected and wants to rpm. thinking i may tear it down in the future and put a decent set of rods in it before i'm left with a pile of broken ****.

What are you shifting at? Great info! I'm trying to set my car up to run 11.50's. I believe that's the fastest you can run without a rollbar. What is your stall converter.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you're going to think I'm nuts but have you ever checked your MPGs while cruising?

Auto Transport Service
Back