• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Took the Charger for a Ride and.......

hanks73340

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
Came across a nice car show and decided to pull in. It was for the Veterans Charity in the local area. Plucked down 20 bucks and enjoyed and here are some pics and even came home with a surprise.
DSCN0976.JPG
DSCN0975.JPG
DSCN0978.JPG
DSCN0979.JPG
DSCN0980.JPG
DSCN0981.JPG
DSCN0982.JPG
DSCN0983.JPG
DSCN0984.JPG
DSCN0985.JPG

and then there was this guy riding his Lazy Boy around.
DSCN0974.JPG

What'd you win besides a trophy?

What'd you win besides a trophy?
That's it. Wasn't expecting that at all either. Wasn't even there to get a trophy. Just like to meet folks from the different walks of life that love these classics and hear the stories.

Took the Charger for a Ride and....... Came across a nice car show and decided to pull in.

I thought for sure you where gonna say your EFI **** the bed again when I saw the title Hank! :D:rolleyes:. Looks like a nice little show there, and that '66 HEMI Charger is sweet. I love it, thanks for getting the picture. Congratulations on the award too!, what did you get awarded for?

Took the Charger for a Ride and....... Came across a nice car show and decided to pull in.

I thought for sure you where gonna say your EFI **** the bed again when I saw the title Hank! :D:rolleyes:. Looks like a nice little show there, and that '66 HEMI Charger is sweet. I love it, thanks for getting the picture. Congratulations on the award too!, what did you get awarded for?
Best in that class which was 73-74 Mopar.

I love your Charger, the black hood treatment would look nice. 4-spd? Auto? Can't see but I'm sure you have the flamethrower ex tips

That's it. Wasn't expecting that at all either. Wasn't even there to get a trophy. Just like to meet folks from the different walks of life that love these classics and hear the stories.
Nice!!

I love your Charger, the black hood treatment would look nice. 4-spd? Auto? Can't see but I'm sure you have the flamethrower ex tips
I wish it was a 4-speed. It's a 3-speed, 340, auto slap stick on the console with buckets. True A57 car. Don't have the tips on it yet but they will be on eventually. I'm holding off on the hood blackout because I think it may be too much black with the vinyl top and side stripe. I finally got rid of the carb and installed a Fitech Go Street 400 EFI unit. What a difference. Thanks for the nice comment.

I wish it was a 4-speed. It's a 3-speed, 340, auto slap stick on the console with buckets. True A57 car. Don't have the tips on it yet but they will be on eventually. I'm holding off on the hood blackout because I think it may be too much black with the vinyl top and side stripe. I finally got rid of the carb and installed a Fitech Go Street 400 EFI unit. What a difference. Thanks for the nice comment.
I'm a long time 4 speed guy and hate not having any stick cars. Well, had a 98 Jeep TJ but that's not the same. You could lay down some black construction paper on the hood and probably get a good idea what it would look like. I've never been a big fan of white paint so to me, it would look pretty good. I've had one white vehicle in my life and that was too many lol but being light sensitive, it wasn't a good color for me. Maybe that's why I like black paint so much......but if a nice car like yours showed up for sale for a can't refuse price, yeah, I'd have it! :D

I'm a long time 4 speed guy and hate not having any stick cars. Well, had a 98 Jeep TJ but that's not the same. You could lay down some black construction paper on the hood and probably get a good idea what it would look like. I've never been a big fan of white paint so to me, it would look pretty good. I've had one white vehicle in my life and that was too many lol but being light sensitive, it wasn't a good color for me. Maybe that's why I like black paint so much......but if a nice car like yours showed up for sale for a can't refuse price, yeah, I'd have it! :D
The only reason we went to the white was because of the fender tag and it's a numbers matching car. The wife wanted all black with a little pearl mixed on the exterior with the black matted hood treatment. Another reason for the EW1 white was my painter(neighbor) only charged me the cost of the materials. The wife keeps reminding me that the next time this car gets redone, if we still have it, it's gonna be all black and she would like to have an engine dropped in from one of the new chargers of today. We'll see.:rolleyes:

Well well!!! Congrats!!! And thank you for clarifying "WHAT CLASS" you took your trophy in. I know that is what 69a100 meant. Seems the Crankster wants to stir the Pot. But again, nice win and your ride is SSSSWWWWEEEETTTT!!!! cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back