• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top cat whiskers

al383

Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
I bought these at Carlisle every time I buy them there different can somebody explain to me where this piece goes

15664961706156095665447779945649.jpg 20190822_134607.jpg 20190822_135657.jpg

That's your outer piece. Either for the door or the quarter window, I can't tell from the picture(if your car has a roll up rear window).

The outer should have clips that push in to the skins. The inners will have to be drilled and the staples folded over...I bought the same ones for mine (67) and am not looking forward to installing them!

The outer should have clips that push in to the skins. The inners will have to be drilled and the staples folded over...I bought the same ones for mine (67) and am not looking forward to installing them!
'Screw' the staples! Small screws are so much easier, you won't see them after install anyways. Mine only needed them on the rear inners('68)

Last edited:
'Screw' the staples! Small screws are so much easier, you won't see them after install anyways. Mine only needed them on the rear inners('68)
let's see a pic! Thought about doing that just didn't know how tight you could get the head.what size screw did you use?

I always tell people to use tiny flat head screws....The staples are time consuming to deal with...

let's see a pic! Thought about doing that just didn't know how tight you could get the head.what size screw did you use?
Ehh...doesn't look like the pic's gonna do any good, the screw heads sink through the fuzz, into the rubber backing and disappear for the most part. Be careful not to drive the screw all the way through it! I only needed them on the solid fuzzy piece, the u-shaped fuzzy and the longer solid fuzzys all installed with the prongs. Once installed, the screws can't be seen down in there. .
#8 screws, 1/2" overall length. A little shorter or longer will work fine too. I simply drilled a small pilot hole through the fuzzy and the metal panel at the same time.

20190822_163100.jpg

I don't like this type i thought fuzzy was on both sides, this part in pic. looks like it will let water run into door.The ones i have on car know is rubber on outside fuzzy on inside

I don't like this type i thought fuzzy was on both sides, this part in pic. looks like it will let water run into door.The ones i have on car know is rubber on outside fuzzy on inside
I actually installed mine this morning.
Went on pretty easy.

20190824_113400.jpg 20190824_113418.jpg

I would like to find out what the originals were like find them and put them on I've heard people complain about and other things getting stuck in that out side piece

So my car is a 67 I don't think there is much difference though. The only place that required screws were the rear quarter inserts.
The others just snap in they went in pretty easy.

Thanks. Have to look at mine to see. I tried to install them but they came out, then I was deployed so I didn't get to really look at them. Had to put the toys away...lol

Auto Transport Service
Back