• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion bar adjuster - where to purchase a decent set?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
Tonight I playing around with the height of the front end on my Charger. I was attempting to raise the drivers side another 1/4" to equal the passenger side and all of a sudden KABOOM. The threads totally stripped out of the block. Luckily nothing on myself or the car was damaged. These were about the only things that I didn't replace on the front end of the car, and now it comes back to bite me. So I am wondering if all replacements are the same, or are some better? I see Jegs and Summit have the same order #. Mancini has a different one. Any other recommendations on where the best place to buy a pair would be?

:happy1:

Im probably going to be in the market soon myself...

I have had good luck with PST, might wanna look there. Good luck, Rick

If there is anything that i can answer for you about our torsion bars please let me know.

Thanks
James

Thanks guys, I ended up buying the ones made by QA1. They are nice beefy pieces.

Can I ask a question, when you adjusted them, did you jack the car up first? Not trying to be smart, just helpful.

Can I ask a question, when you adjusted them, did you jack the car up first? Not trying to be smart, just helpful.

Yeah, I put it on the hoist when making adjustments now lol. I also used anti seize on the threads. I've always made adjustments on my cars when they are sitting on the ground - but no more.

I understand, I'm lazy. Those bolts turn a lot easier with no weight on the bars. I never go more than 1/2 turn at a time, bounce the car and check again. Sure beats ford and Chevy front ends, though.

Are the threads in the control arm OK?

What threads are you referring to Meep? The threads that stripped were in the torsion bar adjuster block.

No threads in the LCA for that function. Threaded block fits into LCA and accept adjusting bolt.

Thanks Chicken. Thought I was losing my mind there for a minute lol. Couldn't think of any other threads that could have been bad.

Auto Transport Service
Back