• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion bar help

1967coronet440

Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Ok guys getting ready to set the torsion bars back in and it seems like they are twisted, the lines in the front are straight up and down and the 2 in the rear are both angled can someone tell me if this is ok to use or should I replace them.

IMG_1286.JPG

Ya I see the R & L marking just wondering if the twist in the bar is supposed to be like that or should it be straight up and down

I got them installed, went in fairly easy once I removed the bump stops and let the suspension hang down now one of the lines is basically straight up and down while the other side is angled like the picture above, should they both be angled or does it even matter?

I got them installed, went in fairly easy once I removed the bump stops and let the suspension hang down now one of the lines is basically straight up and down while the other side is angled like the picture above, should they both be angled or does it even matter?
It does not matter......Now if you put the right one on the left that is a whole different story...You are good to go....

Factory bars have a bit of a helix machined on the flats. Aftermarket units do not have the helix.

Auto Transport Service
Back