• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

torsion bar install

dodge68charger

Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone please explain the proper way to install the torsion bars on a 68 dodge charger. I have all the other suspension parts on the car except the torsion bars, not sure how much to tighten the lower control arm bolts or if any of the suspesion has to sit a certain way before i put them in. THANKS

it will be a whole lot easyer if your lower control arm pivot and strutrods are loose.slide the bars in from behind the torque boxes,make sure to check left and right.make sure to check for clean holes thrugh torqe box if you have any problem.put on seals,before you intstall bars into adjusters.only other thing is to make sure your torsion adjusters are backed out.should go in pretty easy.then adjust as desired!

i didnt take the old bars out. What type of seals go on the bars and do i have to lube any of the parts before installing them. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back