• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion bar question

LAXmoparman

Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
67 coronet 440. I replaced the front end with QA1 uppers and lowers. I am wondering how to install the torsion bars. Should the torsion bar adjusters be backed all the way out when installing? Also should the suspension be all the way up or all the way down when I put the bars back in? I might be overthinking this but the bars were a pain to get out and don’t wanna have to get them back out again and again. Any info would be appreciated.

27F8123A-AC5A-4624-9668-559B15699C8F.jpeg

Adjusters backed all the way out. Do not remove them. Suspension hanging down. Might have to remove upper control arm bumpers to get suspension low enough. Driver side hex should be turned all the way left when under the car looking forward. Passenger side to the right. The bars are also marked left and right, but they can go either way, front to back. Driver's side is left.

Do you have factory size TB’s? If bigger than 1.00, install them with the lca at where you’d like ride height. Then once on the ground you can measure and dial in each side.

Thanks for the info guys. I got them in today and dropped the car. No motor yet so it sits high but I am sure that 440 will squat it down and I have a lot of adjustment left on the adjusters. Suppose I will know more once I get the motor in.

You have it together correctly. If you were one flat out it would be obvious. One way you would never get it together, and the other way there would be no adjustment left.

You have it together correctly. If you were one flat out it would be obvious. One way you would never get it together, and the other way there would be no adjustment left.
Perfect thanks. I learned along the way but was pretty obvious once I held all the parts up together.

Auto Transport Service
Back