• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion bar questions

flint040

Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
I am going to get my front end all replaced and going to get a kit from ESPO, but then a friend mentioned getting new torsion bar adjusters, dust boots, and crossmember bushings. For the adjusters, i see PST says the c-body adjusters will work on the 73 charger, can anyone confirm/ Also, if i got poly dust boots, would i still need to have the retaining clips?
Thanks for the info.

You absolutely need retaining clips under any circumstance.

Didn't say why. Do they not wear out over time? Possibly too rusty to reuse?
Not unless they were abused by an over-zealous nit wit at a lube station somewhere along the lines. Usually, once they are set, they stay in that position for 95% of their life.

Rusty? Dump them in a small pan of Evapo-rust and reinstall

Anyone know if the poly dust boots will fit on a 73 charger? Pictures of the dust boots seem taller than the rubber ones and not sure if they would compress enough to get the torsion bars properly installed

I dislike the poly dust boots. If you like a struggle go ahead...they are a mother....er to get on. My opinion anyways.

Auto Transport Service
Back