• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tow Tab ideas

Steve009

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
anyone here have tow tabs on their 64 Plymouth b body? I’d like to make a set and I’m looking for examples/ideas of how others have made this work swooping under the front bumper. Any ideas or templates are much appreciated.

We used these on a duster, flat towing to riverside raceway in the eighties.

20190416_143228.jpg

Now you're gonna make me find them again and look. The tabs were at least 3/8 steel, i think a half inch, with chain tabs welded on. I think they were outboard of the bumper brackets and hung under the bumper.
It was more than two weeks ago, you know lol .

If i remember right, the tow hubs were made from Amc stuff, drum hubs?, welded to a half inch plate with the bolt pattern drilled in.

No worries! Don’t go digging to find them! The pics were helpful enough.

I had a set made the same way for my 69 RR and they used longer bolts and spacers to clear the insets on the brackets. Totally bolt on and no mods.

We did the same as Imp. The "L" shape to the bumper frame horn. That was back in the 60's/70's.Ours had welded 5/8'' nuts and 5/8'' thru bolts that hooked the tow bar to the tab for more support and less movement.
Some guys did the face of the bumper with channel "U" shape.
Are you going just for looks or are you gonna flat tow ?

We did the same as Imp. The "L" shape to the bumper frame horn. That was back in the 60's/70's.Ours had welded 5/8'' nuts and 5/8'' thru bolts that hooked the tow bar to the tab for more support and less movement.
Some guys did the face of the bumper with channel "U" shape.
Are you going just for looks or are you gonna flat tow ?

I want to be able to tow it, not just looks. I Picked up the tow bar at a swap meet last year. Good friend of mine has a 63 Plymouth max wedge that he flat tows to shows with a 64 Chrysler and I’ve always thought it was the coolest thing!

Back in the day if you had a trailer,man you were something !

Auto Transport Service
Back