• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trademarking

Mikesduster

Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
has anyone here ever trademark something??...does anyone know how to go about it??

either post here or you can PM.

Thanks,
Mike

I was sued for trademark infringement and won - so I know a little about it..

Lots of copyrights, but not trademarks..........Copyright laws are general and vague at best.......no actual paperwork for the most part, just actual printed notification of copyright by date and name on the item in question.....Trademarks may be different.....not sure, but I'd like to know. :cool:

Looks like Laysons should have asked this question too !

I have applied for and received a couple of trademarks in the past. I have also had one rejected due to another "confusingly similar" trademark. The main thing is it usually takes a T&P attorney. They do the search and all of the paperwork in D.C. and then apply for the trademark. You must show first use in commerce date and show the mark itself as well. It's not too complicated but it does take a few dollars and some time.

Hey Gary........... I'd be interested in a ball park figure of what to expect financially.........pm me if you'd rather not post such a thing.

By the way, thanks again for going the extra mile and 3/4's on supplying us with a tail panel for the Demon project....remember that?......You are a stand-up guy in our book, and I'm sure we'll be doing more business.

Doc Marino:D

don't you already own the trademark of uh nevermind...

If I remember right it was less than $500 but that was about 13-14 years ago. The whole process took about 6 months IIRC. It might be quicker nowadays because back then computers were not as pervasive.

Tom - yes I remember that. Glad you are still a satisfied customer :D

Mike's Duster......Mike....your best bet is to use www.legalzoom.com for trademarking....I used them to trademark my company's name, logo,mark, etc.......the'll do all the leg work......very effecient!....no problems.......one "mark" will cost you around $450-$500 dollar.....the cost can increase depending on the number of marks and type......you could spend $500 to thousands it's up to you, Legalzoom will have everything done within 30 days....however the Gov. will take about 6 months or more to drag their feet.....you could attempt to do it yourself thru the USPTO.....your only gonna save about $100 though?........using LegalZoom you'll avoid pulling your hair out! dealing with the Gov.......keep records of ALL corespondence!.......biggest pitfall is all the "sharks" that watch your "Mark" being developed......it becomes public record...so they (Lawyers and related firms) will send you letters, phone calls,Emails, etc.......that sound pretty technical and legal, threatning that your mark will be lost, contested, and for a "fee" the'll help or protect you and your mark,......all BS!......if you deal with Legalzoom only deal with them and official Govt. Emails directly from the USPTO/ TESS.....the "others" do a real good job of looking like US Gov. agencies......I just recieved a letter saying I would lose my Trademarks unless I sent $1800 US to some address in Bukarest!!!!! to assure my International Trademarks,,,,,,,,I NEVER applied for international trademarks!........their banking on some people getting scared or indifferent to trademark requests, that they just mail off money!....so be careful in todays "new" electronic theft market!

Mike G/ proprietor/ DAYCLONA ENTERPRISES

If any of you guys/gals have any Q's about recent Trademarking ?....PM me at [email protected] or www.officialdayclona.com

Auto Transport Service
Back