• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traffic stop

Super60Dodge

Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score
During my shift today I made a traffic stop on a 74' RR. It was odd because it was the same color with similar options as the one my dad handed down to me. Let's just say I used officer discretion when giving the owner a verbal warning.

You'd have to be a jerk to cite a guy for taking his grandkids for a joyride

During my shift today I made a traffic stop on a 74' RR. It was odd because it was the same color with similar options as the one my dad handed down to me. Let's just say I used officer discretion when giving the owner a verbal warning.

Let me be the first to give you an official atta boy. :)
Last time the grandkids visited last year, they wanted a ride in my GTX. Their daddy, who coincidentally works in a prison as a corrections officer, is big into 3rd gen Camaros, so I figured their horizons could use a little broadening....
Off we went, me making sure to just let the car talk to them a little, no hijinks.
We get almost back to the house and the oldest speaks up, unimpressed, and says "I think my daddy's car is faster than yours. Daddy says Mopars are junk."
Honesty in kids, I swear....
I look at him in my rear view mirror and he's smirking at me. :rolleyes:

"Ok boys, hang on...."

Stopped the car in the middle of the deserted highway I live off of, goosed it a little, then dropped the clutch.
All manner of sideways, screaming, smoky fun ensued for the next few seconds.:thumbsup:

We get back to the house and they're all (3) silent on the way back. I figured I've scarred them for life and am about to catch hell about it.
BAD GRAMPA!
We come out of the garage and head up the steps to the front porch where their parents and my wife are waiting.
I prepare for the worst.
Their dad asks how their ride was and the oldest breaks his silence, blurting out "That car is FAST!"
The others chime in with various "Grampa is crazy!" and "that old car is awesome" accolades.
Dad shoots me a look...
My turn to smirk. :lol:

I got a written warning for doing 95-97 (top of 2nd gear) in a 45 zone last fall in the Hellcat. Fortunately for me, the officer was a car guy and understood my need to blast it down an empty 2 lane highway.

early last summer driving my hellcat in my home town, while driving into a 25 mph zone the local constable was clocking people coming into town in 25 mph, well of course coming up to him gave him a big smile and reved it up a little. a few month later i was coming up to an intersection in the same area when my fuzz buster was going off, and low and behold there he was coming from the opposite direction in his charger cruiser, he gave me a smile turned left with a heavy acceleration, i promptly turned behind him keeping an approx. 3 car length behind, ran them down about a mile before he turned off going into town, i looked down and i was hitting 90, gave him a big thumbs up out the window. very cool day for me!

Here she is boys. Hood said 360.

I enjoyed my dispatchers responce of "you're out with what again? My computer is only showing 1974 Plymouth."

20180520_151300.jpg

A good officer recognizes situations accurately and acts accordingly. Obviously, you are one. Thank you for your service and be safe.

Always wear you HOOD in PA.Ask how I know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You can't see in the photo,the one with his back to the camera,Shorty(that what he called himself) took a picture of my engine compartment:eek: Now was that for the court as evidence or to show the boys back at the barricks???:lol:

100_4841.jpg 100_4842.jpg

You're a good man :thumbsup:

I have seen the term "Written warning" before. Out here in CA, they either verbally warn or write a citation. Police actually issue a notice that carries no fine??

I have seen the term "Written warning" before. Out here in CA, they either verbally warn or write a citation. Police actually issue a notice that carries no fine??
Yes, a written warning is big on the east coast. As a CDL driver, a written warning doesn't carry points, but it still affects your CSA score. In my opinion, that is unfair, but what do you expect from the Govt.

In MD a written warning stays in the database for a period (3yrs?) and if you get another 'like' citation during that timeframe, then the warning becomes a citation as well.

In MD a written warning stays in the database for a period (3yrs?) and if you get another 'like' citation during that timeframe, then the warning becomes a citation as well.
Wonder how many are given out for the Pro Street Nats???

So you give a guy a break cause he has a car you like.

Do you give breaks to guys in cars you dont like?

Next time some hypocrite pulls me over in my POS impala i should tell him i have a bunch of old Mopars? Will i get a break? Should i show him pictures?

Be fair. Give everyone a break. Just wasting our time pulling us over is enough.

Sorry. Too many years and too many miles and dealing with too many pricks collecting the kings ransom. There are a couple fair ones out there. Be one of them please.

About 80% of our traffic interactions end in a warning. We let the state patrol and small village cops cite the hell out of people. I stopped a 64 Malibu for the same crap and gave him a warning a few weeks back.

As a matter of fact I haven't cut a ticket for a minor infraction in a while. Most stops we make are for drug interdiction purposes.

Got pulled over last month on my way to the local car show . . . Lady cop walks to the window, I've got my wallet and CCW license out, hands out the window and ready, and inform her that I'm not currently carrying any weapons.

Officer: She politely asks me, do you know why I pulled you over . . .
Me: No officer, not really . . .
Officer:I clocked you at 56 in a 45, 11 miles over the limit . . . not as bad as many of the people that drive down this road . . .
Me: Humm . . . my speedometer was reading between 45-50 . . .
Officer: Are you questioning my radar, it is calibrated every day . . .
Me: No ma'am, not at all . . . I'm questioning this 50 year old speedometer in my car . . .
Officer: She laughs, and proceeds to give me a warning and suggests that I get the speedo checked . . .

Then we sits there, with the blue lights flashing, and she talks to me about my car for 10 minutes . . . it was great . . . said her boyfriend would love my car . . . LOL

Cool story....I have been pulled over in the charger and never been given a ticket (knock on wood)...pulled over on my snowmobile in the city no ticket...pulled over on my 68 mini bike, old moped, 67 Honda 90, 72 Suzuki RV90 and various other old bikes....always the same...that sure is a nice bike...but you know....Im sure my luck will run out but for as much as I push it...Im OK with that.

Cool story....I have been pulled over in the charger and never been given a ticket (knock on wood)...pulled over on my snowmobile in the city no ticket...pulled over on my 68 mini bike, old moped, 67 Honda 90, 72 Suzuki RV90 and various other old bikes....always the same...that sure is a nice bike...but you know....Im sure my luck will run out but for as much as I push it...Im OK with that.
My Dad got his 1st ticket when he was in his 40's. He wasn't even a little upset. He told me "as much crap as I got away with in my Duster 340 as a kid, I can't complain."

Auto Transport Service
Back