• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tranny Leak

Citrus1973

Banned
Banned
Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
My '79 Doba has a 904 trans. For some reason it is pushing fluid up the dipstick. I was told it may be building up pressure and to check and see if the vent is clogged. I am not finding a vent anywhere on this transmission. It has had a recent filter change so I don't believe that would be clogged?

Anybody got a pic of this elusive vent? Or any ideas for me?

teh vent is a little tube that comes out of the top of the tranny about where the bell housing stops. You said receny fluid and filter change, is there too much fluid in it?

Update on trans leak. Finally found out that one of the lines was right up against the belts and had worn through. I cut six inches out of both lines and double clamped in some rubber hose.

what kind of rubber hose? transmission cooler oil line is different that fuel line as they are rated at different pressure's in which they can handle. Did you flare the steel lines where you spliced in the hose? If not, then it would be wise of you to redo it so that this takes place. Your transmission cooler lines can be found for $38 on ebay.. may just buy new ones and call it good.

Auto Transport Service
Back