• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trans crossmember fitment

1962savoy

Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys I have a 62 plymouth that I want to put a 727 in it from the 70's and I dont have a tranny crossmember.What years of cars will the crossmember be the same as mine?? Also can I buy a new one somewhere??:blob1:

You need to use a 62-65 crossmember and get the trans mount conversion from shumacher creative services....engine-swaps.com.

Just got my tranny mount conversion from schumacher in the mail an hour ago. Nice!
Later tranny on my original tranny crossmember for my64. Looks like it will work perfectly! Recommend.

Just got my tranny mount conversion from schumacher in the mail an hour ago. Nice!
Later tranny on my original tranny crossmember for my64. Looks like it will work perfectly! Recommend.

Got mine last week and its ready to install, quality piece!

Attachments

• P1010030.jpg
    P1010030.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 180
  • P1010031.jpg
    P1010031.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 193
  • Transmount.jpg
    Transmount.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Transmount1.jpg
    Transmount1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Transmount2.jpg
    Transmount2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 181
As Hannibal would say, "I love when a plan comes together"!

Ya, when you consider they had installed a 67 tranny with a 67 cross member in a 63...this is a huge improvement! They had taken a torch and hacked a jagged hole in the cross member for the emergency brake cable to go through....I guess I should be happy, at least there was a working emergency brake! :laughing7:

I was able to get one from a buddy for just the shipping. I am sure there are some available on this site, just post that you are in need of one. Remember also that there is a difference between one for a standard trans and an automatic.

Auto Transport Service
Back