• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trans linkage help

wagonman

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Howdy Folks, I am nearing completion of my power train install in my 68 R/R and am stuck at the trans linkage. The column shift linkage is all in except for the shift arm on the trans and a spring clip for the kickdown rod. I kinda know what the clip looks like but the shift arm has me puzzled. I have a straight and a curved arm but the geometry is wrong. Question is how many different arms did they make for a 727,I know there is only one for my app. Anyone have a picture of it or the complete setup? I would like this all in before I fire the 440 up. There are currently a few on ebay and they are just like the ones I have. Any help is appreciated.

Please post pictures of the arms you are dealing with. Might help us help you better.

Thanks Beep, I figured out the gear shift issue. The rod I had was for the console to trans,mine is column shift. I have an extra rod from the column to cross shaft. I modified it and it works perfect. Still need the spring clip that holds the rod to the kickdown lever on trans though. I will try and post a picture of that rod.

Need the funky clip uploadfromtaptalk1456512559819.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back