• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

trans question 904 to 727

74moparguy

Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
hello again i have a 74 satellite with 318 backed by 904 i would like to switch to a 727. the 727 was is a 77 dodge van with a 360. would the 727 bolt up to the 318 and would it be a good move or not. thanks for the help

I don't know what kind of HP/TQ you are going to be running but if it's mild, I would stick with the 904. The 904 can be beefed up to handle some serious power as well. If you change to the 727 (which will bolt up directly), take into consideration: the conv, the driveshaft (due to differences in the overall lengths of the 727 & 904 (and also because it is out of a van) and the linkage/shifter. These are just a few things to consider when making this swap.

thanks for the help the 318 in my car has been bore .30 over with mild cam (300hp gave or take/ torque???)

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back