• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission dip stick

RSZ28

Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1965 big block 727 transmission that is missing the dip stick and tube. I have a dip stick and tube from a 1965 small block 904 transmission. Will this work? If not, what tube and dip stick can I use? Thanks

The diameter of the tube is the same, the problem is with the attachment strap. The bellhousing bolt patterns are different enough that the straps are in different spots. Do you have a welder? Relocate the strap where you need it.
Good luck.

So, the small 904 dip stick and the tube are the same length as the 727 to measure fluid level?

IIRC Hemi-ITIS is correct, i'm pretty sure my '65 case did have the dipstick tab near the bottom of the tube & bolted to the trans case vertically.

I have an extra core that was pulled from a 63 Chysler 300 without the slip yoke.I just removed the dipstick and drained it so I could stand it up.The converter I threw away.

Auto Transport Service
Back