• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission mount washer..where goes?

someoneanywhere

Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
Hello.
I bought from Classic ind. the prothane trans. mount for my 67 Charger (440 HP - 727B HP). When ordering the trams. mount and Mity Mounts engine mounts I was told I also would need the 1966-74 Transmission Mount Washers (MM1855 1966-74 AT or MT). Pg. 536 Cat. M219A
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1967/dodge/charger/parts/mm1855.html
Parts in hand ready to bend wrenches, But... before I do something dumber than my usual stuff; Where do these washers go? I do not see them shown in the original parts catalogue.
Thank you all for help.

It seems they were only used on later cars with spool mounts.
Ah... Thank you!
By the way is it even possible to change engine mounts in the 66-7 440 Charger w/power steering without removing the engine? Try as I might I am not able to see how on the drivers side. I jolly well do wish I'd changed them last year when I had trans & engine out. Alas....

I am not sure with power steering, but I have done it with manual steering. But I guess that is not very helpfull.

I am not sure with power steering, but I have done it with manual steering. But I guess that is not very helpfull.
Well... I got the passenger side done alright (much forceful purple haze creative four letter word application ;-) ). Thus, one supposes if twisted neck, smashed knuckles, and the afore mentioned four letter emollient, hold out it will suffice to get it done.
Thank you, everyone!

Auto Transport Service
Back