• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission sinks... bowl coatings???

747mopar

Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
I've seen people make sinks out of transmissions and think it would look really cool in my shop bathroom but need some input. So I've got a junk 727, my plan is to either make a new center to replace the pump or machine it to except a drain but my hold up is what to coat the bellhousing with for easy clean up? I've seen porcelain coatings that you can buy plus I wondered about powder coating.. any suggestions?

Cera-cote is a ceramic powder coating - just need an oven to cook it in to set it . . . Great stuff !

Cera-cote is a ceramic powder coating - just need an oven to cook it in to set it . . . Great stuff !
How's it held in place until baked? I'll have to see if the oven at work is big enough:screwy:

I'll check it that.

How's it held in place until baked? I'll have to see if the oven at work is big enough:screwy:

I'll check it that.

It's a liquid - Spray it on the parts with an air brush and it'll stick ( it's like a paint - you mix the color with an activator )
- - once you spray it on you just have to be careful handling the parts . . .
- - neat thing about it ( depending on how much activator you add, you can get matte finish - high gloss - don't know how they do it )

Painted the rear aluminum light borders on my 66 with the stuff - they still look great after a year of this NC weather ( especially the Summer sun and heat )

Got a couple colors . . . want to do it in a flag with red white and blue ?
Or I've got a bunch of charcoal grey too . . .

Here's a pic of the part on the car . . . this is the matte finish . . .

sm_lightsurround.jpg

Found this picture to show the process . . . here's my friend trying his hand at Cerakote on an AR-15 . . .

sm_applycerakote.jpg

Agree, saw the Cerakote word & immediately thought-GUNS!!!!

Actually high temp ceramic Cerakote does not always require baking; it dries to the touch in 30-45 minutes and then continues to air cure over the next five days.

Auto Transport Service
Back