• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tremec TR6060 Six speed Hemi Swap

Fabman

Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
Im installing a 6.4 with the TR6060 into a 70 B body. Ok....nothing new here....but like all other transplants of this type I have to install the mid sump oil pan, Nothing new there either.....BUT....what have other people done about the dust cover needed in front of the Trans (TR6060) that is missing when you take the factory oil pan off the engine. AND ….has anyone considered the structural support needed to be installed between the TR6060 and the block...…...That was removed when the factory oil pan was removed? see pics...

20190713_173340.jpg 20190713_173350.jpg

It’s not needed. But you can make a cover to keep road debris out of there.

NOT TRYING TO BE UGLY...….but Im gonna play devils advocate here.......why do you say its not needed? Have you spoken with the Engineers at Mopar or Tremec about the structural support? (and thank you for the response):thumbsup:

Well, there are literally 1000’s of these swaps done, and I haven’t seen a single one with that support your inquiring about. It’s also done with 4 speeds. The bolts that hold the bell housing are more than enough to support the trans, plus you have the trans cross member to boot. Put on the Milodon, Charlie’s, Stef’s, oil pan and move on to cutting up the floor to fit that monster trans. It’s really a non issue. Besides, you lose that even when you use an auto trans.

Im installing a 6.4 with the TR6060 into a 70 B body. Ok....nothing new here....but like all other transplants of this type I have to install the mid sump oil pan, Nothing new there either.....BUT....what have other people done about the dust cover needed in front of the Trans (TR6060) that is missing when you take the factory oil pan off the engine. AND ….has anyone considered the structural support needed to be installed between the TR6060 and the block...…...That was removed when the factory oil pan was removed? see pics...

View attachment 799925 View attachment 799926
The cover isn't a bad thing to have but not necessarily needed either unless your on gravel and dirt roads, I'd just make one out of sheet metal. As for the bracing the 318 in my dad's truck has nearly identical bracing only it's steel brackets on both sides instead of being part of the pan, easy enough to fab some up.

My plans are to fab something up. Easy enough to do. Its very surprising to see a change like this with no-one really addressing it from the aftermarket oil pan manufacturing side. The braces were put there for a reason. It did cost MOPAR extra money to form the factory pans with those supports,

My plans are to fab something up. Easy enough to do. Its very surprising to see a change like this with no-one really addressing it from the aftermarket oil pan manufacturing side. The braces were put there for a reason. It did cost MOPAR extra money to form the factory pans with those supports,
I agree, yes you can run without them but they absolutely add strength and could possibly save you from cracking a bellhousing.

Auto Transport Service
Back